Most Memorable Birthday

C

CrazyCatLady

We have one every year. 24 hours of feeling 'Special' and being given cr@p you would have brought yourself, but didn't want to. A day when people we don't speak to all year feel compelled to recognise we exist for a few seconds and post glittery memes on our social media. If you're lucky enough to have family and/or friends to treat you, you might even spend the day eating more than a Sudanese child eats in a year or doing your best George Best impression down the local pub. Maybe you're an attention wh0re on your big day and always have to have the partaaay of the century to make sure you are adored and spoiled by eeeeeeveeeryone on the day!

So....what was your best- or worst- birthday?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So....what was your best- or worst- birthday?
Would that I had a birthday! Because my birthday is days away from Christmas day, I was always told "It's too near Christmas for presents". I did
get birthday cards but never any presents (that I can remember). I grew up never celebrating birthdays, to this day I still don't, but only because
now they remind me that i'm another year older. :( Birthdays? don't talk to me about birthdays! :)

S

Saphire

I hate my birthday, I am glad when it's over.
Not sure why, maybe it dates back to something that happened in my childhood, but if I can be away on my birthday, I will always opt for that, rather than be the centre of attention just because I am a year older.
And as for a surprise party....or any party come to that...NO THANKS.

Nightsky

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Not sure why, maybe it dates back to something that happened in my childhood, but if I can be away on my birthday, I will always opt for that, rather than be the centre of attention just because I am a year older.
And as for a surprise party....or any party come to that...NO THANKS.

And as for a surprise party....or any party come to that...NO THANKS
Oops sorry I seem to have done something to your post

I love my birthday, no matter how old I am. They're very special for me.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Would that I had a birthday! Because my birthday is days away from Christmas day, I was always told "It's too near Christmas for presents". I did
get birthday cards but never any presents (that I can remember). I grew up never celebrating birthdays, to this day I still don't, but only because
now they remind me that i'm another year older. :( Birthdays? don't talk to me about birthdays! :)
Mine is also just before Christmas day, so I know the feeling..when It was my 4th birthday my parents made out that I had slept thru the whole day, they kept that up till teatime, hence I don't celebrate my birthday :confused:

Back