Manchester United

Magpie

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Iconic. Thank you, it's been a while since I saw this from King Kev.
It's all the kids of the glory hunters that I feel sorry for. All those people who decided in the late '90s that they were going to support man utd and now their kids are thinking wtf Dad, why didn't you choose Liverpool.
I'm just having my fun before we become the most hated club. They've had their glory for years and I've had absolutely nothing in my lifetime.
Oh to have a sh** 'Man utd' season by finishing fifth and winning the league cup, we would have the biggest party ever.

"I will love it, I will love it"

Magpie

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Ah but we have 2decades of success to fall back on and still get to enjoy a Manchester team beating the Scousers. I guess being a red through the 70s and 80s made me appreciate the success while knowing that nothing last forever.
And I’ll say nothing about the richest club on the planet still being unable to attract any decent players, even City managed that when the Arabs took over.

“King Kev”??? Now that is funny.
Financial Fair Play means you can't do a City, Chelski or PSG anymore, all to do with revenue and considering we had fat cat Mike Ashley running the club on a tight budget means that we have to build first before we can splash the cash. It'll happen eventually, we're recruiting the right type of players with the right type of personality, I've seen Botman in pre season and he is going to be class and our Bruno is looking like an excellent signing for the price.
In Eddie we trust, he has turned Joelinton from the worst striker in the league to one of the best midfielders.

Magpie

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Oh and you’ll never be the most hated club, even with a bottomless pot of gold. Liverpool hold that title and will never relinquish it. Lol
Ok then I'll give you that one. ;)

Magpie

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
In Eddie you trust? Just like almost every other manager you’ve have since Bobby eh? Lol
I will say though that Joelinton looks ok and Saint-Maximin is class when he can be bothered (reminds me of Pogba’s attitude to football). I don’t see much changing up there this season tho, as you say, it’ll take time and I doubt Eddie will be there to enjoy it when it does.
That's what we say now, "In Eddie we trust", the majority of us trust the new regime and the methodical way they are doing things. Eddie is thriving at the moment with the chance to implement all his ideas and training methods. Although there are some fans who are complaining about the lack of signings, even though we've spent like a £160 million since January. Some people have short memories.
To be fair I think man utd will turn it round, you've got a good manager and Eriksenn is an excellent signing, i was hoping he might come to us. You need to solve the Ronaldo issue and get rid of all the money grabbing prima donnas, but you've got the history and the stadium and decent fans (the real ones anyway).
I've got to go and answer Cantona now, who'd have thought eh.
One more thought, I've just realised that I may have shot myself in the foot with this thread as we play Brighton on Saturday. o_O

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Moyes getting rid of fergies hand picked back room team, was the biggest mistake.
That henderson chucked one in against newcastle on saturday, i see.
He didnt have a good word to say about the place.

Magpie

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Moyes getting rid of fergies hand picked back room team, was the biggest mistake.
That henderson chucked one in against newcastle on saturday, i see.
He didnt have a good word to say about the place.
But that was nearly a decade ago when Fergie left. I agree that Moyes made some mistakes but you can't really blame him for the current situation. Perhaps now that you've got Steve Maclaren back things will get better.

As for Henderson 'chucking one in', which one was that I wonder. They were both amazing goals that no keeper would have saved. As for not having a good word to say about the place, I find that doubtful but if so then perhaps he's bitter about us pulling out of signing him now that he's stuck at Forest. Are you sure your not getting your Hendersons mixed up, the mackem Henderson at Liverpool wouldn't have a good word to say about us and that's fair enough.

Loving the banter.:p

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Woah, youve got maclaren back?
Im not man u.
No im not getting my hendersons mixed up, as one didnt chuck one in on saturday.
Watch the first, he should have that covered.
Also when your man joe, went through, missed that sitter, henderson was rooted to the spot, like a tree.
I firmly think, if moyes, kept some of fergies staff, things would have been very diffrent
Accused of being man u, never been so insulted.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sure magpie, my team is the one who handed nufc, their last piece of silverware.
By doing what man united couldnt. beating brighton, on the last day of the season.
I am a robin, a much more voluptuous breasted bird than a magpie. i might add!

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Had a great curry, about 2009, behind the black bull, near st james.
As it was known.
Was breaking popadoms with the geordie boot boys.
Carrol was playing for you, recall.

Back