• it did

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • it didnt

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

lofacmofah

less of a chatter . . . . . more of a helper
Reaction score
taking the guests away has increased the members numbers · and possibly helped the site

TacoTimmy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You think we don't keep track? Absolutely worth it to not have to deal with so many complaints and legal issues from the trolls. No doubt about it at all, won't be going back.

No other services allow anonymous access these days - and for very good reasons. It's not weird to ask for registration in order to chat.

ukc-week.png

Last edited:

Not_Fred_Honest

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Few are talking. You can have 60 names on the room list and not one word typed in chat.

Not_Fred_Honest

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
You think we don't keep track? Absolutely worth it to not have to deal with so many complaints and legal issues from the trolls. No doubt about it at all, won't be going back.

No other services allow anonymous access these days - and for very good reasons. It's not weird to ask for registration in order to chat.

View attachment 16321

I'd love to be wrong, it costs me nothing. If your wrong, it costs you the site.

Kev45

Devils advocate? Contrarian ego strokers.
Reaction score
I would go further, most sites where I am a member, news, shopping etc. I have to provide a mobile number for verification purposes.

Why not on this site?

If the trolls continue to be a nuisance by making new IDs with a fake email and the problems persist, changing their mobile number each time would be much more inconvenient. :)

Not_Fred_Honest

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) is a UK law that regulates how personal data is collected, handled, and stored. The DPA came into effect on May 25, 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998. The DPA's main goals are to

• Protect personal data
    The DPA gives individuals more control over their personal data and protects their privacy.

• Update data protection laws
    The DPA modernizes UK data protection laws to account for new technologies like social media and big data.

• Implement the GDPR
      The DPA incorporates the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) into UK law.

• Strengthen rights
      The DPA gives individuals the right to know what personal data is held about them and to have it erased in certain circumstances.

The DPA sets out strict rules for how personal data can be used, called "data protection principles". These principles include:
    • Using personal data fairly, lawfully, and transparently
    • Using personal data for specified, explicit purposes
    • Using personal data in a way that is adequate, relevant, and limited to only what is necessary
    • Keeping personal data accurate and up to date
    • Keeping personal data for no longer than is necessary
    • Handling personal data in a way that ensures appropriate security

The DPA also gives the Information Commissioner (ICO) additional powers to enforce penalties for non-compliance. Penalties can be up to £17 million or 4% of a company's annual turnover.

At the moment I'm not sure if this site is covered by The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). By only asking for an email address you could say its no difference from a email news letter.

Once you start asking for phone numbers and id's it clearly is.

From what I can see the only real "nuisance" on the site is the endless members complaining about being banned.

And I'd like to point out you don't need to sign up to flash your bits on the owners other site ukchat.co.uk

Not_Fred_Honest

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have a life or consciousness in the way people do—I'm an AI, so I don't experience feelings, self-awareness, or free will. I process information, provide answers, and assist based on patterns and knowledge I’ve been trained on. You could say I'm more like a tool or a program rather than a living being. But I try to engage in conversations in a helpful and thoughtful way! Does that answer your question?

Murran2

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I don't have a life or consciousness in the way people do—I'm an AI, so I don't experience feelings, self-awareness, or free will. I process information, provide answers, and assist based on patterns and knowledge I’ve been trained on. You could say I'm more like a tool or a program rather than a living being. But I try to engage in conversations in a helpful and thoughtful way! Does that answer your question?
Pmsl so sad

Not_Fred_Honest

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds like you're feeling down or frustrated about something. Do you want to talk about it? I'm here to listen!

Not_Fred_Honest

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for asking! I'm doing great, ready to help you with whatever you need. What's on your mind?

Not_Fred_Honest

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yikes, sounds like the weather's getting wild! Is there a storm rolling through your area? Hopefully, your roof holds strong. Stay safe!

Back