It's history

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
And it's a bit like book burning, Our ancient country is littered with reminders of our past history, some to be proud of...and some not and none of it should be defaced or toppled or disgraced in any other way just because public modes, fashions, opinions change,
If nothing else they serve as a reminder, let them be the nations conscience; not it's bonfire. :(

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm sure i watched scenes like this in the film Equilibrium lol.

I agree, it's British history. It reminds us of the good and bad through our historical figures. And none of them were complete angels, like Churchill, Mandela or Ghandi for that matter. History usually focuses on the victories and accomplishments of an individual, and attempts to erase their murky pasts.

And this is what happens when you put these extremist groups on a platform above authority. I'm horrified at some of the narrative that is being used and accepted as normal civilised behaviour. Some of it may be true about the injustices of the past, but there are also a lot of falsehoods and catchphrases used to spark up hatred and division.

There comes a point in time whether groups like these want justice, or do they want revenge? You also have to ask who are funding these well organised groups out to cause trouble.

And we have to be clear about this. there's a distinct difference between peaceful protest and causing chaos in communities.

Back