It is Important to not give a sh**.

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
George Carlin is a nihilist boomer don't really find him funny or interesting

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I do like George Carlin, but that doesn't mean i agreed with his philosophy on life. I think people should give a damn about life to get the most out of them. Families, loved ones, work life, prosperity, wealth and opportunity all occur because people give a damn. If we didn't have that attitude towards life, then we would probably just give up and just not care about anything.
So even though the idea of not giving a damn seems quite an attractive ideology, i would recommend reading about an old Polish folk tale about a man who sold his soul to the devil for power, wealth, immortality. However his heart became cold and uncaring for others. He simply did no longer care for the people he traded them in for.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I do like George Carlin, but that doesn't mean i agreed with his philosophy on life. I think people should give a damn about life to get the most out of them. Families, loved ones, work life, prosperity, wealth and opportunity all occur because people give a damn. If we didn't have that attitude towards life, then we would probably just give up and just not care about anything.
So even though the idea of not giving a damn seems quite an attractive ideology, i would recommend reading about an old Polish folk tale about a man who sold his soul to the devil for power, wealth, immortality. However his heart became cold and uncaring for others. He simply did no longer care for the people he traded them in for.

Good post. I like your thinking Wojcik.

That kind of thinking got me no where back in the 90's.

I'm a very thoughtful bloke and not selfish in the slightest.. You can't take that from me...But.

These days, the less I care... the More I seem to achieve.!

Perhaps it's an age thing.?! I don't know..:)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Good post. I like your thinking Wojcik.

That kind of thinking got me no where back in the 90's.

I'm a very thoughtful bloke and not selfish in the slightest.. You can't take that from me...But.

These days, the less I care... the More I seem to achieve.!

Perhaps it's an age thing.?! I don't know..:)

I'm the complete opposite. If i don't care about something, i won't put my time and investment into whatever it is I'm trying to achieve. There's been experiences is my life where i look back now and think if i had taken this or this more seriously, then i might have achieved a different result. I think reflection is a healthy thing in general.

Something i have learned is that it's perfectly fine to be selfish sometimes. I think if you give your all to someone it can be an unhealthy balance.

A life experience thing i would describe it as, rather than an age thing. People have different experiences on how to deal with their challenges in life.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I'm unusual, in many ways. One of them is that I do not have ANY regrets. Every decision I have Ever made...Also Made ME.

I'm only Human. I have made some bad Life Choices and Certain Decisions.

But...I have Learned from them.

I wouldn't be ME now.... if it wasn't for making those Mistakes.

Back