Israel Palestine?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Harmageddon X Deux

In Megiddo's ancient sands, this tale unfolds,
Armageddon's prophecy the world beholds.
Battlegrounds of fate, nations meet,
Shadow of doom, they'll take their seat.
Upon this battle's fierce array,
Destiny converges on fateful days.
Clashing good and evil, cosmic play,
In Megiddo's scarred plains, having their say.

Horsemen ride, rockets high,
Conquest, War, Famine, Death, across the sky.
Harbingers of chaos, the world they sway,
In Megiddo's heart, where mortals pray.
People weep, bombing arrives,
Armageddon's symphony, shadows strive.
In the midst of death, can hope spring?
Carnage for a new era, freedom bring.

Flames rage, darkness descends,
From the ashes, their new world ascends.
In Megiddo's crucible, choices they face,
Finding a path to peace, in this hellish place.

CEASE FIRE NOW

Last edited:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
They own land.
One of the most scarce commodities in the UK for building new housing.

Who owns them, the church of whichever denomination one picks.

So yes Religion can own something.

I will give you a fun fact though, the crown owns the Kings James Bible rights ;)
They own land?

No they DON'T.

Give me proof that they own land?

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
They own land.
One of the most scarce commodities in the UK for building new housing.

Who owns them, the church of whichever denomination one picks.

So yes Religion can own something.

I will give you a fun fact though, the crown owns the Kings James Bible rights ;)
Here mate. I noticed one of the people who argues with his own shadow is attempting to diss everything you say by claiming it as untrue, although they refuse to actually learn anything.
Here's a link you might like to share with them, showing how much land the Church of England owns in England.

Here's a relatively recent article about the Catholic Church too, but globally.

Some people are just going to argue logic, and expect you to do their homework for them, because not only are they empty-heads, but noisy empty vessels, like bottles in the wind. But when you analyse it, those bottles should be put back in for recycling, to make the earth a better place.

Most religions own land. Owning land of itself isn't a bad thing, and it isn't as though it's sneaky, nor hidden or anything. The facts are, a person wants to build somewhere, the best way to do so is by owning the land. If someone was deceptive with it, then that's another thing.

But this is very difficult for some people to understand, especially when they're just noisy bottles blown to make a noise with every gust of wind. Just show them a picture of a tube of wood glue, so they can laugh at the word "wood" instead, like in between 1:30 and 1:45 of this video.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Here mate. I noticed one of the people who argues with his own shadow is attempting to diss everything you say by claiming it as untrue, although they refuse to actually learn anything.
Here's a link you might like to share with them, showing how much land the Church of England owns in England.

Here's a relatively recent article about the Catholic Church too, but globally.

Some people are just going to argue logic, and expect you to do their homework for them, because not only are they empty-heads, but noisy empty vessels, like bottles in the wind. But when you analyse it, those bottles should be put back in for recycling, to make the earth a better place.

Most religions own land. Owning land of itself isn't a bad thing, and it isn't as though it's sneaky, nor hidden or anything. The facts are, a person wants to build somewhere, the best way to do so is by owning the land. If someone was deceptive with it, then that's another thing.

But this is very difficult for some people to understand, especially when they're just noisy bottles blown to make a noise with every gust of wind. Just show them a picture of a tube of wood glue, so they can laugh at the word "wood" instead, like in between 1:30 and 1:45 of this video.

WOW....Ok..

From your own link...

"Who Owns England can reveal, for the first time, a map of the land owned by the secretive and powerful Church Commissioners, the Church of England’s main property arm."

Yet you say "Owning land of itself isn't a bad thing, and it isn't as though it's sneaky, nor hidden or anything."

I'm quite sure Moriarty would agree with me, those two sentenses contradict.

'Secretive' and powerful Church Commissioners" and> "it's not sneaky or hidden or anything"..< These words don't go well together do they.

There is little point in you trying to defend yourself. Especially with someone like me.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
WOW....Ok..

From your own link...

"Who Owns England can reveal, for the first time, a map of the land owned by the secretive and powerful Church Commissioners, the Church of England’s main property arm."

Yet you say "Owning land of itself isn't a bad thing, and it isn't as though it's sneaky, nor hidden or anything."

I'm quite sure Moriarty would agree with me, those two sentenses contradict.

'Secretive' and powerful Church Commissioners" and> "it's not sneaky or hidden or anything"..< These words don't go well together do they.

There is little point in you trying to defend yourself. Especially with someone like me.
As much as I despise the Guardian a simple look at a 2006 article may help.

"How much land does the Church of England own?

The Church Commissioners' 56-page report on the financial state of the Church of England released yesterday, made for, well, not particularly interesting reading really.

It's the sort of thing journalists read, digest and regurgitate in highly condensed form so the rest of the population can learn the main points and get on with watching The Apprentice.

One of the more fascinating parts of the report, however, concerned the Anglican church's property portfolio, which comprises 120,000 acres in rural areas alone.

The church owns large tracts of land in cathedral cities such as Canterbury, Ely, Peterborough and York and in towns such as Huntingdon and Kelmscott.

More recently, it has invested in industrial estates in Swindon and Waltham Cross and shopping areas including the Cribbs Causeway Centre in Bristol.
Its interests also spread to European property, with a stake in ING Property Fund Central Europe."

What is more, the Commissioners have just gained planning permission for part of the Ashford Great Park estate, where the deputy prime minister is hoping to take time out from working on his dance moves to build some of his much-vaunted affordable housing.

The church even owns property in London's West End - 15% of its commercial portfolio, in fact, mainly within a shared interest in the Pollen estate.

It has also begun to capitalise on the need for parking space in the capital, netting £19m last year from selling 99-year leases on garage spaces.

The CofE isn't neglecting property up north either.

It holds a 10% interest and associated land in the MetroCentre in Gateshead, the largest shopping and leisure centre in Europe.

The centre provides "shoppertainment" including an indoor theme park, an 11-screen cinema and a bewildering array of shops open seven days a week from 10am to 9pm (or 5pm on Sundays - glad to see they're showing a bit of respect).

It's reassuring that the Commissioners are looking after the church's estimated £4.3bn well, returning 19.1% on their investments last year.

Now all they have to do is get some of the thousands of Sunday shoppers at Gateshead into church."

Source:-
How much Land does the Church of England own?

Back