Is the Trinity Doctrine Biblical?

Show me in the Bible three gods written?

• All

• Proof me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I'm wonder why many denominations are holding to a teaching that isn't anywhere in the Bible.
Do the Apostles of Jesus have believed in the Three gods?
God Father, God Son, and God Holly Spirit?

Nah, the Trinity doctrine is just a lefty attempt to dilute the awesome-ness and one-ness of God by splitting him up into 3 parts..:)

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
..everyone should study the Bible and make up their own minds about what to believe, instead of allowing others to force their own beliefs on them. Why are so many people afraid of doing that.....is their faith so tenuous?

The brainless masses have got no mind of their own so they join a church to let the church bosses do their thinking for them..:)
Fact is we don't need vicars or pastors or ministers or popes etc because-

rel-Jesus-teacher.jpg

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
Fact is we don't need ... ministers ...

View attachment 12282
I agree with most of what you're stating. As for ministers though, it is a Christian thing to be a minister.

Jesus - after his 40 days on earth after his resurrection - gave a command on the day he left Earth. It is recorded in Matthew 28:18-20. As a "minister" or "servant", we are to serve the Christ by observing his commands, as foretold by God in the Psalms (Psalm 2).

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
Are you sure you're a Christian though?
Because the Trinity is the foundation of Christianity. Even though the word 'Trinity' was never once mentioned in the bible.

If you don't believe that the son, father and holy spirit (the trinity) are co-equal to one another and that God is just 1/3rd, a fraction of the equation, well, you're not a Christian by that definition.
The trinity can't be "the foundation of Christianity", as it wasn't until the late 4th century that it was adopted by the church. In fact, before it was adopted then, the former Council of Nicaea simply made Jesus equal to God (which is also unbiblical). So the trinity wasn't even introduced until years AFTER this doctrine. Considering it was the fourth century, and Jesus' ministry and teachings, and all books of Bible canon are from the FIRST century, it is definitely not the "foundation of Christianity".

"Equality"

Also, it is Jesus who states that they are not equal.
Remember these symbols from mathematics? < = > ?
Less than, equal to, greater than.
In the Gospel of John, at John 14:28 Jesus himself says, "...the Father is GREATER than I am."
Therefore, Jesus is saying this:
Father > Jesus.

Jesus is an Apostle
It is good you love God, and the Christ, but a few other things are that Jesus is called an "apostle and high priest". (Hebrews 3:1) How is Jesus ever an apostle if he is God? "Apostle" means one who is sent forth. This is in harmony with Jesus' own words when he says this: "A slave is not greater than his master, nor is one sent forth greater than the one sending him." (John 13:16).

Jesus is a High Priest
As already highlighted in that former verse, Jesus is called a "high priest", and in fact, that book - Hebrews - goes into some detail describing the role of Jesus as a high priest.
The pattern of high priest is explained well under the Mosaic Law, of which Paul was well accustomed, as were the Jews.

It begs the question though: If Jesus was God, who was he mediating to on behalf of us? Who was he offering up his sacrifice to? Himself? That just doesn't make sense, nor does it fit the pattern of which was laid down before it.

Do you have another scriptural reference explaining how Jesus' role as high priest and apostle can be shown that he is God Almighty? Because it can be shown to you how Jesus' words, "I and the Father are one", at John 10:30, did not mean he was God, nor that he was equal to him. Let me know if you find something about this apostle/high priest thing. I mean, truth is vital if it is a means to survival, of which this is.

Also, it isn't wise to call people individually "not Christians". Jesus will make that clear to us in the near future, over who has been acceptable and who hasn't. (Matthew 7:21-23) This judgement will be righteous, as Jesus never acts outside of his Father's will. I pray you make it, and I pray I do too.

Back