Is it time Queen Elizabeth retired?

S

Saphire

If you were a member of her family, would you try and persuade her to retire?
She is a 30 plus years past retirement age, seems to be having health problems lately, yet still seems to carry out more official duties than most of younger royals.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A royal never quits [ bar one] , they die on their job .

S

Saphire

The Queens uncle quit, her grandson and his wife quit, others take the perks and do little to earn them.
The queen did vow to devote her life, whether it be long or short, to her duties.
She has certainly kept her word, but the woman is 95.
Surely even getting her tights on and her hair set daily must take it's toll....never mind all the smiling, hand shaking and small talk.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The Queens uncle quit, her grandson and his wife quit, others take the perks and do little to earn them.
The queen did vow to devote her life, whether it be long or short, to her duties.
She has certainly kept her word, but the woman is 95.
Surely even getting her tights on and her hair set daily must take it's toll....never mind all the smiling, hand shaking and small talk.
Her g.son & wife quit but still get the handouts from her !
I`m sure she doesn`t dress herself or set her own hair . That`s what her Handservant is for . Yes she does look weaker but she knows her own mind and strengths and i`m sure she works to them ,no more.

S

Saphire

She may not wash and iron her own clothes, but I think she dresses herself.
I wonder if she thought she had a strong reliable heir to the throne, she may have retired in peace years ago.
Sadly.....it's Charles.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
She may not wash and iron her own clothes, but I think she dresses herself.
I wonder if she thought she had a strong reliable heir to the throne, she may have retired in peace years ago.
Sadly.....it's Charles.
She doesn`t dress herself .

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If you were a member of her family, would you try and persuade her to retire?
She is a 30 plus years past retirement age, seems to be having health problems lately, yet still seems to carry out more official duties than most of younger royals.
There is no precedent for abdicating due to ill health or extreme old age, and the queen will not set one... While the queen has been setting the record for the longest reign, Charles has also set the record for being the longest heir-apparent. All his life he has waited, he will be touching 80 before he becomes king. It's him i feel sorry for...

S

Saphire

There is no precedent for abdicating due to ill health or extreme old age, and the queen will not set one... While the queen has been setting the record for the longest reign, Charles has also set the record for being the longest heir-apparent. All his life he has waited, he will be touching 80 before he becomes king. It's him i feel sorry for...
She has certainly devoted her life to her reign....and has probably been the biggest asset the Royal family have ever had in this country.

I can't feel sorry for Charles, though it is true he has reached old age whilst still waiting to step into the role he was destined for.

F

FlatLined

She has certainly devoted her life to her reign....and has probably been the biggest asset the Royal family have ever had in this country.

I can't feel sorry for Charles, though it is true he has reached old age whilst still waiting to step into the role he was destined for.
She wont retire, sad really i think Charles would have made a good King

S

Saphire

She could remain Queen and declare her son Charles as Prince Regent, obviously, so far, that's not an option she has thought right.
It does seem though that given her age, and her recent health concerns, she needs to do far less.

F

FlatLined

Both the Queen and Charles have served well, they should get gold Blue Peter Badges:D

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Saphire

Both the Queen and harles have served well, they should get gold Blue Peter Badges:D
:D

I saw a clip of the queen recently greeting people, she was overheard to say to one man in the lineup..."I saw you on the telly the other night".
Aww, sweet.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
She has 'dressers'...which doesn't mean they put her tights on and do her day to day dressing.. :rolleyes:
They prepare her clothes and help with intricate stuff.
She is helped to dress ,by dressers ! Read the title and think about Care Homes ,Hospitals ,Home helps etc who do exactly that !. It`s nothing new and for a Lady of 95 it`s only to be expected.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Both the Queen and Charles have served well, they should get gold Blue Peter Badges:D
Apart from Andrew all of the Queen` children have been assets and a credit to HRH. each one has done her proud .

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Don't think Charles should be king it should go straight to William & Kate

Back