IronLev

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

There's been a great deal of interest in high speed rail in recent years. Even the Americans are looking into it once again.

The ironLev system is at least 10 years away from appearing on our local trains but if they can get this working the future for rail transport will change forever. Estimate these new trains can travel on existing rails that speeds of up to 400 miles an hour.

A journey from:

London to Edinburgh in under 55 minutes.
London to Berlin in under two hours.
London to the Costa do sol in 4 hours.

Air traffic is a major pollution factor. If we can cut down on the number of flights by using high speed rail we stand a good chance of meeting our environmental targets and cutting emissions.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Won't happen.
The physics and the energy requirements will make it a great project for government to invest in, but will fail.
Government will simply spend more tax payer money into sh** that does not work because they want to appear "Green".
Which baffles me, because Londen is the major insurance capital of the world for shipping.

Do the worlds tankers and cargo carriers use solar power to transport all the goods we import?

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I'm not so sure.

The government spent millions on electrication for railways over the past 75 years. Most of the infostructure is coming towards the end of its working life.

Can't see this system working on the London Underground but on the rural line maybe.... branch lines definitely. Question on asking myself it's what this work on trams? I think if it would....it would be ideal for city centres where noise is a concern.

Back