Interested in the Paranormal?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I`m sure that many people have ,at some time in their life ,experienced something which can`t be explained with an everyday expeience. It would be nice to read about any sort of Paranormal experience , small or large.

To start it off i will tell a story of things moving when nobody is around. This happened in the 1980`s when my three children were al still at school. We had an invite to a party in town. I think it may have been a special event as we all had to dress up smartly !. Five of us , including wifey ,Son and both daughters . The event was being held about 2 miles from us so we travelled in car. Our eldest child was son who was about 14 at the time if i remember right. My son was prone to losing his Bus pass which he had as the school was more than 10 miles from our house .All of us marched out of the front door to the car ,me being last to lock up. Son was just in front of me and he made a point of putting his bus pass , which he usually carried in a coat pocket , under some object which was on the telephone table just inside the door. I know this for sure as i saw him do it !. He then said out loud ,to the card " now then ,stay there !".. Sounds silly now but kids are kids eh ? off he went through the door with me following and dropping the latch which was a Yale lock.
Not too long after we had been at the party we remembered that we had forgotten something ( can`t remember what so don`t ask 1) and i decided to drive home and get it. As soon as i opened the door i was struck by what i saw on the facing wall inside. There was a large framed picture on that wall and sitting in one corner of the picture was the Bus pass ! Impossible to explain in normal events unless you can ?. It`s a fading memory now but i`m still clear enough about it . Somehow that bus pass had moved a distance of about 8 feet and stuck itself in a picture frame while nobody was there.

I have more stories which i can`t explain ,so i call them Paranormal. Ohhh best if i state that i`m actually a sceptic ( lol) but i believe it`s best to keep an open mind about such things. Now any more experiences folks ?.

Last edited:

RecklessRebel

Reaction score
I`m sure that many people have ,at some time in their life ,experienced something which can`t be explained with an everyday expeience. It would be nice to read about any sort of Paranormal experience , small or large.

To start it off i will tell a story of things moving when nobody is around. This happened in the 1980`s when my three children were al still at school. We had an invite to a party in town. I think it may have been a special event as we all had to dress up smartly !. Five of us , including wifey ,Son and both daughters . The event was being held about 2 miles from us so we travelled in car. Our eldest child was son who was about 14 at the time if i remember right. My son was prone to losing his Bus pass which he had as the school was more than 10 miles from our house .All of us marched out of the front door to the car ,me being last to lock up. Son was just in front of me and he made a point of putting his bus pass , which he usually carried in a coat pocket , under some object which was on the telephone table just inside the door. I know this for sure as i saw him do it !. He then said out loud ,to the card " now then ,stay there !".. Sounds silly now but kids are kids eh ? off he went through the door with me following and dropping the latch which was a Lael lock.
Not too long after we had been at the party we remembered that we had forgotten something ( can`t remember what so don`t ask 1) and i decided to drive home and get it. As soon as i opened the door i was struck by what i saw on the facing wall inside. There was a large framed picture on that wall and sitting in one corner of the picture was the Bus pass ! Impossible to explain in normal events unless you can ?. It`s a fading memory now but i`m still clear enough about it . Somehow that bus pass had moved a distance of about 8 feet and stuck itself in a picture frame while nobody was there.

I have more stories which i can`t explain ,so i call them Paranormal. Ohhh best if i state that i`m actually a sceptic ( lol) but i believe it`s best to keep an open mind about such things. Now any more experiences folks ?.
I definitely believe in the paranormal but i never used to until i started working night shifts in care homes. Unexplained shadow figures, footsteps that follow you even though no one is there, hearing screaming on an empty corridor, doors banging, strange balls of light and one time a very demonic growl came from one of the bathrooms in the home even though there was no one in there.

B

Bad_Influence

And yet even in these times of cameras everywhere, always at hand, nobody has ever produced a single picture/video that can be verified as proof that they have seen ghosts, or any paranormal activity. I’m open to be proved wrong, and would find it fascinating if any paranormal activity is proved, but I think the human mind is more likely to play tricks on us than anything ethereal or ‘other-worldly’.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Percy666

I don't believe in ghosts or hauntings.. why is it these supernatural entities always appear at night in secluded areas where it may be a trick of the light or a gust of wind howling outside.. you never see a spirit walking up oxford street at 3 pm on a summer afternoon saying hello to people for eg do you. Is it some sort of unwritten rule they can only come out when it is dark akin to the sort of occurrences described by Reckless rebel which sounds like an overactive imagination steeped in child like fear of goblins and witches where too many horror films/derek Acorah tales have been recounted where a creaking door may be a demon in an old house.. it's utter nonsense where people want to believe it so find other sounds to substitute for the " supernatural".

That said I believe in the paranormal as described by hell in the OP which may not always equate to traditional ghost/goblin rubbish that we see on main stream tv. I used to play cards as a kid at my grandparents house each xmas in the late 80s/ early 90s and one xmas we were playing where the cards were dealt face down around the table to 4 of us. I can't recall the game but something very basic along the lines of a family version of blackjack or chase the ace. I picked the cards up shielding them from the other players briefly glancing at them .. literally the next second instead of holding the cards , they were out of my hand being dealt around the table again as they were seconds earlier and when picking them up were exactly the same cards as if I had gone back in time by a few seconds with history repeating itself. I was in my early years at high school at the time so not young enough to have imagined it and am convinced that it was a lineal time disruption rather than any kind of " spirit" but would still classify it as supernatural.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don`t think Supernatural is only applied to spiritual visions or to moving objects without being touched. I can remember at the time my 3 children were all teenagers it was written that Teenagers have large amounts of excess energy which sometimes gets used to move objects without even touching them.
I know that i was stunned at the event which happened as i wrote about. I have never seen a "spirit" but still keep an open mind as a few times ,like Reckless Rebel , i have felt a "presence" which has given me all the typical symptoms of spirits around. E.g. breaking out in a cold sweat ,panic hair standing on end ,a strong desire to flee the area ! .
I hope someone writes about their experience with White Feathers ,one of my pet experiences into the Supernatural.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
And yet even in these times of cameras everywhere, always at hand, nobody has ever produced a single picture/video that can be verified as proof that they have seen ghosts, or any paranormal activity. I’m open to be proved wrong, and would find it fascinating if any paranormal activity is proved, but I think the human mind is more likely to play tricks on us than anything ethereal or ‘other-worldly’.
I understand what you say but i do think there is more to our vision of the single Universe than just what we can see. The mind can create amazing things but ,the story i related was`nt a dream or me making something up to get a story .If someone could explain ,in natural conditions ,to me , ( a sceptic !) what happened then i`ll definitely read it and keep an open mind about any logic .

B

Bad_Influence

I understand what you say but i do think there is more to our vision of the single Universe than just what we can see. The mind can create amazing things but ,the story i related was`nt a dream or me making something up to get a story .If someone could explain ,in natural conditions ,to me , ( a sceptic !) what happened then i`ll definitely read it and keep an open mind about any logic .
I was not questioning you, but you have only your memory of the events and as I say, the mind can, and does, play tricks.
In a similar point, we have no evidence of extraterrestrial life but personally, and solely because of the vastness of the visible universe and the number of galaxies, stars, and therefore planets, I believe it is virtually impossible for this place to be the only one blessed with life. I’m not saying intelligent life is everywhere but life in some form. I know that’s off point but all I’m saying is I accept the unknown. But I need evidence and as has been said, why don’t we see ghosts if they are around? Are humans the only creatures to be allowed in whatever realm ghosts inhabit? Why don’t we hear of spectral cows walking down the M1?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I was not questioning you, but you have only your memory of the events and as I say, the mind can, and does, play tricks.
In a similar point, we have no evidence of extraterrestrial life but personally, and solely because of the vastness of the visible universe and the number of galaxies, stars, and therefore planets, I believe it is virtually impossible for this place to be the only one blessed with life. I’m not saying intelligent life is everywhere but life in some form. I know that’s off point but all I’m saying is I accept the unknown. But I need evidence and as has been said, why don’t we see ghosts if they are around? Are humans the only creatures to be allowed in whatever realm ghosts inhabit? Why don’t we hear of spectral cows walking down the M1?
You missed the crux of my story. Yes ,my memory now after over50 years isn`t too good but the subject of my story is that an object( not a ghost ,or spectral spirit) had somehow transferred itself from one place to another with nobody there to help it. That part ,including where my son had put the bus pass origonally , will be recalled by me telling the whole family which doesn`t depend on my memory. My own theory is that ,using his latent energy as a teenager , my son had willed that bus pass to move and it had done so ,remotely . From about 2 miles away.
You don`t have to see or sense a superhuman ghost to experience the Supernatural. The fact is that so many people report seeing ghosts etc that surely some of them have experienced the Supernatural?.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do you keep your phone with you 24/7 switched on and ready to take a pic of anything that happens?
I know for sure that I don't, and even if I did see any paranormal activity going on, I doubt I'd even remotely think of picking my phone up to take a pic of it - I'd be petrified.

I can tell you of a recent experience of a friend, who has moved into a new property just over a month ago.
She hasn't fully moved in, just basically sleeping there as she has yet to finish furnishing it.

Last week she was woken by a noise coming from the living room.
She got up (even though she was a bit scared) to investigate.
At first she thought that something could have fallen on the floor (maybe one of the boxes with her stuff in).
There was nothing unusual (as in nothing had fallen on the floor that could have made that noise, her stuff was all in the same place.

A few nights later she woke up again, with the feeling that someone was behind her pushing her off the bed.

She plucked up the courage to switch the light on.
There was no one there.

My friend was told by a neighbour, that the woman who previously lived in this house died 2 yrs ago at around age 60 and the house had been empty since.
Said woman was apparently a very tormented soul and had led a very troubled life.

My friend is now starting to think that there could be the ghost of this woman (negative energy) lingering in this house and that maybe she doesn't want my friend living there (if that even makes sense?)

Edited -Just noticed I added 'just' twice :oops:

As I said in the other post - running around like a headless chicken.
It might be worth getting a Priest to take a look there ?. It`s not funny for your friend and maybe she can be set free of whatever is pestering her.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Another memory i have is of when i was working ,before retirement. My wife and i both worked for this Company who had a large factory unit not far from where we lived( and importantly from where i was born and raised !). The Manager was a youngish female ,around age 30. One day she had decided to work a bit late but wanted someone to stay with her so one of my co-workers stayed . He was about 50 at that time .
They didn`t stay long as ,in the silence of the factory, they both heard a sound like that of a wheelchair running along a section of metal platform which had been made to add another level for offices mainly.
From their mouths ,next day ,they both panicked as they saw nothing but the noise scared them so they ran out of the building ! Many spooky things had been heard or observed in that building over the time we worked there. Plenty of noises ,a lot of "feeling " something brushing against people when nothing was there. Also several actual visions of a small child in a wheelchair floating several feet above the platform level above the staircase. What my manager and co-worker didn`t know at that time but what i did know was that the site used to build a lot of small and a few large units was originally a childrens fever hospital. I knew this because i lived nearby when it was still a fever hospital although it closed down when i was still young. Many children died there too sadly.
Were these Spectral sensations/visions something embedded in the fabric of a building ?. Impossible to explain ...thus Supernatural until any rational explanation comes along.

B

Bad_Influence

Another memory i have is of when i was working ,before retirement. My wife and i both worked for this Company who had a large factory unit not far from where we lived( and importantly from where i was born and raised !). The Manager was a youngish female ,around age 30. One day she had decided to work a bit late but wanted someone to stay with her so one of my co-workers stayed . He was about 50 at that time .
They didn`t stay long as ,in the silence of the factory, they both heard a sound like that of a wheelchair running along a section of metal platform which had been made to add another level for offices mainly.
From their mouths ,next day ,they both panicked as they saw nothing but the noise scared them so they ran out of the building ! Many spooky things had been heard or observed in that building over the time we worked there. Plenty of noises ,a lot of "feeling " something brushing against people when nothing was there. Also several actual visions of a small child in a wheelchair floating several feet above the platform level above the staircase. What my manager and co-worker didn`t know at that time but what i did know was that the site used to build a lot of small and a few large units was originally a childrens fever hospital. I knew this because i lived nearby when it was still a fever hospital although it closed down when i was still young. Many children died there too sadly.
Were these Spectral sensations/visions something embedded in the fabric of a building ?. Impossible to explain ...thus Supernatural until any rational explanation comes along.
I suspect your manager colleague were having a giggle at the expense of other coworkers by perpetuating a known myth. Again it happened when only a small number of witnesses were present. You say ‘supernatural until any rational explanation comes along’, I say ‘urban myth until the supernatural can be proved.

And I didn’t miss the crux of you story. You have nothing to back up your claim of ‘latent energy’ or even the event itself, just as nobody has ever been able to supply any evidence, in all of history. The same can be said of Omega’s claim, it’s like Chinese whispers.

P

Percy666

Going off at a bit of a tangent, but surely ghosts should provide some comfort rather than instil feelings of terror as it is evidence of an afterlife. Of the two scenarios- rotting away in the ground feasted upon by worms or returning in some form, it's hard to make a case for the former being a more pleasurable outcome at death.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I suspect your manager colleague were having a giggle at the expense of other coworkers by perpetuating a known myth. Again it happened when only a small number of witnesses were present. You say ‘supernatural until any rational explanation comes along’, I say ‘urban myth until the supernatural can be proved.

And I didn’t miss the crux of you story. You have nothing to back up your claim of ‘latent energy’ or even the event itself, just as nobody has ever been able to supply any evidence, in all of history. The same can be said of Omega’s claim, it’s like Chinese whispers.
How about nobody has ever yet NOT been able to prove all of the claims of people who have seen something not of this world ? It cuts both ways and depending who you are you believe or don`t believe. If you care to read again i have said at least twice that I am sceptical but ,unlike yourself ,i keep an open mind because i have seen things and heard things , i.e. experienced things which i can`t explain by normal everyday events.
I never made any claim about Latent energy . I made that a possible reason as it fits the event. Better than saying that the event never happened !.

Incidentally ,my manager and the other guy didn`t have a giggle at the expense of other co-workers.What would be the point of that ? I`m not sure quite how your mind works but so far nobody has written on this thread that everyone who claims to have seen /heard /sensed something not normal is just lying and having a giggle at their mates ?. A pointless exercise considering it was very common for things to happen (to different people ) and other workers to actually witness the things happening to others as they happened.
I have one apology to set right . Talking to my wife ,who worked at same place and was privvy to things which happened there whereas i never saw or felt or heard anything odd, She says ,quite rightly i believe now ,that the site had been a Military hospital during WW1 & WW2, not a childrens hospital as said. There was a children`s fever hospital not too far away but the factory experiences were of adults ,some with missing limbs and some just standing around near to workers.

I think ,like many others Bad that you have never experienced anything unnatural and have closed your mind to those who have . Just saying .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Going off at a bit of a tangent, but surely ghosts should provide some comfort rather than instil feelings of terror as it is evidence of an afterlife. Of the two scenarios- rotting away in the ground feasted upon by worms or returning in some form, it's hard to make a case for the former being a more pleasurable outcome at death.
Not off thread at all Percy. If it`s a comment about the thread then it`s in keeping with the thread .
Just try to think that it doesn`t have to be a Ghost to be supernatural . Supernatural means something which can`t be explained as a natural event.
I think !.

B

Bad_Influence

How about nobody has ever yet NOT been able to prove all of the claims of people who have seen something not of this world ? It cuts both ways and depending who you are you believe or don`t believe. If you care to read again i have said at least twice that I am sceptical but ,unlike yourself ,i keep an open mind because i have seen things and heard things , i.e. experienced things which i can`t explain by normal everyday events.
I never made any claim about Latent energy . I made that a possible reason as it fits the event. Better than saying that the event never happened !.

Incidentally ,my manager and the other guy didn`t have a giggle at the expense of other co-workers.What would be the point of that ? I`m not sure quite how your mind works but so far nobody has written on this thread that everyone who claims to have seen /heard /sensed something not normal is just lying and having a giggle at their mates ?. A pointless exercise considering it was very common for things to happen (to different people ) and other workers to actually witness the things happening to others as they happened.
I have one apology to set right . Talking to my wife ,who worked at same place and was privvy to things which happened there whereas i never saw or felt or heard anything odd, She says ,quite rightly i believe now ,that the site had been a Military hospital during WW1 & WW2, not a childrens hospital as said. There was a children`s fever hospital not too far away but the factory experiences were of adults ,some with missing limbs and some just standing around near to workers.

I think ,like many others Bad that you have never experienced anything unnatural and have closed your mind to those who have . Just saying .
Like I said initially, I’d be fascinated if proof was provided. I assume you missed that?
It is not up to non-believers to prove that paranormal activities don’t exist, be realistic. By that reckoning you’d back up David Icke in believing the Royal family are actually lizard creatures because nobody have ever proved they aren’t?
In no way do I claim that the paranormal isn’t possible, we certainly don’t know the facts, but scientifically speaking, if it IS real, it is something that goes against all current scientific knowledge. Like I have said, in the centuries of claims of paranormal activity, nobody, not a single person, has provided evidence that can be verified using science as we understand it.
I could claim to have seen a ghost without providing evidence and the believers would take it as fact. It’s the gullibility of people that I find amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Like I said initially, I’d be fascinated if proof was provided. I assume you missed that?
It is not up to non-believers to prove that paranormal activities don’t exist, be realistic. By that reckoning you’d back up David Icke in believing the Royal family are actually lizard creatures because nobody have ever proved they aren’t?
In no way do I claim that the paranormal isn’t possible, we certainly don’t know the facts, but scientifically speaking, if it IS real, it is something that goes against all current scientific knowledge. Like I have said, in the centuries of claims of paranormal activity, nobody, not a single person, has provided evidence that can be verified using science as we understand it.
I could claim to have seen a ghost without providing evidence and the believers would take it as fact. It’s the gullibility of people that I find amusing.
Ok ,i get you .
I`m surprised actually that more members have`nt posted on this subject. So many people claim to have experience of odd "happenings" and so many books have been written on the subject yet it seems more interesting to Chatter members to spend night after night ,hour after hour debating the virtues of music or songs or TV programs. It``s incredible actually that they can`t find time to fit in a topic which ,i`m sure ,many members could have a pleasant input without having to slag each other off.

MillieW

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I am also a sceptic, don't believe in ghosts but I'm willing to keep an open mind on things we don't yet understand or have the ability to capture to prove or even disprove.

My father passed away some 20+ years ago. We all gathered at the family home and left together for the funeral. I was one of the last to leave the house and there was nothing untoward. When we returned from the service, I was the first to enter the house. There was an incredibly strong smell of old spice aftershave. My dad had loved it and my face was a puzzle as i pondered how the smell had permeated the house, knowing he wasn't there - and hadn't used the aftershave for several months, as he was so ill.

I looked at my partner - it wasn't my mind playing tricks - he had the same look - and we agreed we could both smell it. But there wasn't anyone else in the house - just my mum, and no one wearing it. My mum said there wasn't any in the house - and I searched the place and she was right.

I have no explanation for it. I'm more than aware of olfactory hallucinations, but two people won't get the same one at the same moment in time. And just like that, it was gone.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am also a sceptic, don't believe in ghosts but I'm willing to keep an open mind on things we don't yet understand or have the ability to capture to prove or even disprove.

My father passed away some 20+ years ago. We all gathered at the family home and left together for the funeral. I was one of the last to leave the house and there was nothing untoward. When we returned from the service, I was the first to enter the house. There was an incredibly strong smell of old spice aftershave. My dad had loved it and my face was a puzzle as i pondered how the smell had permeated the house, knowing he wasn't there - and hadn't used the aftershave for several months, as he was so ill.

I looked at my partner - it wasn't my mind playing tricks - he had the same look - and we agreed we could both smell it. But there wasn't anyone else in the house - just my mum, and no one wearing it. My mum said there wasn't any in the house - and I searched the place and she was right.

I have no explanation for it. I'm more than aware of olfactory hallucinations, but two people won't get the same one at the same moment in time. And just like that, it was gone.
That`s the challenge for "conventional " Science eh ?

Back