Identity theft

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I was informed earlier that it would appear that my identity has been stolen and used on another web site, along with information gained on this site here which has been inserted into that other persons profile on that site. This matter is now under investigation to find out who, where and how. In the meantime a particular chatter on here is sending the link for the other person to other chatters, i cant do anything about that seeing as he has a bee in his bonnet. It is, however deeply disturbing that this can happen and that one chatter individually can turn judge jury and executioner on something he got wrong. The only course of action i can take is to change my name and hope chatters and forum users see the sending of this link as a malicious smear campaign, maybe the original sender seeks to win brownie points, i dont know.

Reaction score
I was informed earlier that it would appear that my identity has been stolen and used on another web site, along with information gained on this site here which has been inserted into that other persons profile on that site. This matter is now under investigation to find out who, where and how. In the meantime a particular chatter on here is sending the link for the other person to other chatters, i cant do anything about that seeing as he has a bee in his bonnet. It is, however deeply disturbing that this can happen and that one chatter individually can turn judge jury and executioner on something he got wrong. The only course of action i can take is to change my name and hope chatters and forum users see the sending of this link as a malicious smear campaign, maybe the original sender seeks to win brownie points, i dont know.
not good and shouldn't happen

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
What parts of your identity have been stolen?

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What parts of your identity have been stolen?
Name useage, details about certain things I like and dislike. The person obviously knows me well, it coincides with odd deliveries to my house flowers, cards, unsigned letters, its just very odd

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
your actual real name? Or the name you use on the site?
If they have your address you must have given someone your address etc

kags

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I've just had a look at this profile - it's laughable that anyone would think this is our Cags - the bloke in question isn't even pretending he looks like a woman (even says he is nearly bald) - think we all know cags does! He suggests he is an older man (says he dresses young). No mention of her favourite sport that we all know she loves and the photos of the body show a very masculine frame. Shame people have nothing better to do than conjecture about people's lives and spread untruths and unsubstantiated rumours.

Back