HS2.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
If we buy a new railway from the Chinese, is it very different to buying our cheese from Ireland or our wine from France?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
oh!!! no idea i dont buy them some one else does on my behalf.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Do we not have the knowledge/manpower to build a railway? You should only import what you can't source locally. Then again, we import coal and have huge reserves here.:rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
When it comes to High Speed Rail...The Chinese have it nailed.

We are WAY behind their tech.!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We are WAY behind their tech.!
You may be right, we probably still employ wheeltappers that have been happily tapping the wheels for decades with no idea why they are tapping them :rolleyes:

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Waste of money in my opinion. How some people think 5.25bn pounds per minute of travel time saved between London and Birmingham is a good idea, I'll never understand. It's ridiculous. And all at a whopping cost of £106bn. And if cross rail is anything to go by, then this figure could be doubled or even tripled.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Unusually, Dominic Cummings was overruled by Boris on this issue. I suppose Boris needed the voters of the North on side and Cummings, well. He was right.

bengeeee

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
you do know that hs2 is only being built to transport poor people up north en mass.like how the nazis gathered up the jews

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
you do know that hs2 is only being built to transport poor people up north en mass.like how the nazis gathered up the jews
whose going to pay their fares ?. this train trip will cost a fortune.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Er! You don't make it clear if we are to transport them all North...or move those already there about a bit!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
whose going to pay their fares ?. this train trip will cost a fortune.
Who'd want to go North anyway, it's further than Watford......No thanks, no ticket to ride for me.

Back