How to clean your toilet

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Never thought I was gonna have to thread like this :rolleyes:

Many bathroom cleaners contain Hydrochloric Acid, also know as Muriatic Acid or Hydrogen Chloride. These cleaners are often washed down the drain and into our waterways. In water, Hydrogen Chloride dissociates to chloride and hydronium ions, which ultimately lowers the pH level and makes it more acidic.

It seems very few of you now how to clean a toilet. First of all you don't need a ton of chemicals or bleaches to do it. You just need a bucket of hot water, some washing up liquid and bog brush.

A toilets is made from the same stuff as the plates you eat off. You wouldn't clean them with cold water and a load of chemicals !!!

What about lime scale go I hear you cry? Well the best limescale removers all need hot water to activate them. What about under the rim? Oh God.... you just take the lid off the top of the toilet, turn the water off....... flush it........ tip the boiling hot water and limescale remover in.....then flush it !!!

It's not that hard to do !!!

If you spend £30 and get a limescale reducer you wouldn't need to do it in the first place !!!

Sometimes I just give up with people on here o_O

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You can get self-cleaning toilets, though I suspect they're very expensive. Have you seen the toilets they have in Japan? I want one of those...

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You can get self-cleaning toilets, though I suspect they're very expensive. Have you seen the toilets they have in Japan? I want one of those...

I'm a little confuse about what you mean....

Japanese ones are bidet/toilets. They dont cost that much, under £200 for a basic one. I did write a thread on this, cos I have one :)

The best robot toilet cleaner is spinx but last time I looked it was still on kickstart. I'm not sure if they deliver any of these. o_O

I did look at the Giddel Toilet Cleaning Robot but there £400.

Last edited:

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

Nyteblade

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I mix hosework with the manly thing of tools. Use a custom drill end brush that strips the toilet down to new.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm a little confuse about what you mean....
Sorry, I was giving you a bum steer there. :) I was talking about two completely different types of toilet.
The self cleaning toilets are a relatively new thing. As its name implies, a self-cleaning toilet includes numerous design elements that cleans and disinfects the toilet bowl without any human scrubbing. Japanese style toilets wash and dry one's delicate bottom.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Ok pink cheeks ;)

So what you want is something like they use in public toilets..... o_O

I did see one of these over the weekend in a hotel here.

At the moment these sell for about HK$9,999.00 or just under £1000 in the UK. They're starting to come into the UK for home users and being test with people with disables. I can see why local councils are looking at them. The saving on wages for cleaners/home helps will justify the cost if they work.

I'm sure with a little reprograming it will swipe your bum too :cool:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ask the wife?

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Your so out of touch you could be my next MP ;)
Ask a woman to do house work? Are you mad o_O

Back