How do you feel about things?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hey you, the fab forum few, how do you feel about things?

Just Stop Oil protesters are finally being given long prison sentences, how do you feel about this?
A. Shocked! One of them will now miss her brother's wedding. Free them!
B. It's about bloody time!

The goverment may charge protesters with terrorism... are you
A. in total agreement, life sentences would be too short for them.
B. shocked at the abuse of power.

Is a two-tier policing policy in place?
A. No, Free Palestine'ers and minorities have a right to mask up and shout racist slurs
B. Yes. anyone concerned about unlimited immigration are branded racist thugs

Someone on a forum disagree with you, do you...
A. shout them down, bellitle them and make fun of them
B. Listen to their argument, appreciate their right to say it, but in the end agree to disagree.

Mostly A's - You have radical, left-wing, middle-class values and will be able to claim you're 'one of the adults' in the room!
Mostly B's - Good lad (or girl), you're a decent working-class citizen. Solidarity brother and power to the people!

Kev45

Devils advocate? Contrarian ego strokers.
Reaction score
Watching a rioter burst into tears after being sent to prison, a man in his 40s, after smashing a brick into a policeman's head, was probably the funniest thing I have seen in the past 25 years. :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Anyone who attacks the police deserves prison. They're our last line of defence.

Kev45

Reaction score
Anyone who attacks the police deserves prison. They're our last line of defence.

I totally agree, whoever does it, whatever religion colour or creed and especially since Theresa May slashed the force by 20,000 officers when she was Home Secretary.

As you know I could babble on about what that led to, including here and now, but to give forumers a break I will not. :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Those 20, 000 officers were experienced/battle hardened and replaced by... I'm not quite sure.... Did you see the size of some of those police officers on the front line facing the mob...

Kev45

Reaction score
Those 20, 000 officers were experienced/battle hardened and replaced by... I'm not quite sure.... Did you see the size of some of those police officers on the front line facing the mob...

Indeed. It genuinely shocked me. Skinny little kids (or what seemed like) without any body armour at all and who were visibly shitting themselves (inexperience is not their fault).

Properly policed by the experienced, battle hardened police you talk about and the riots would probably have been nipped in the bud much more quickly.

Some sentences handed out, for “swearing” at the police, were a result of all the above, a deterrent because there simply isn't the police numbers to police our society.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are targetting the police, unless they are acting under instructions. The police are not the enemy, it's the government.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
Just Stop Oil protesters are finally being given long prison sentences, how do you feel about this?
C. disappointed really I found the vids of people kicking the shite out of them quite entertaining.
C. overjoyed at the entertainment prospects of seeing the people justifiably rise up in the face of the unlawful fascist dictatorship that's destroying our freedoms illegally.
C. of course, when hasn't it been.
C. struggle with answering this question & make hot chocolate with marshmallows.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Indeed. It genuinely shocked me. Skinny little kids (or what seemed like) without any body armour at all and who were visibly shitting themselves (inexperience is not their fault).

One of those police officers looked around 5ft tall! What chance would they have going up against some 6ft brute? There used to be a minimum height requirement to join the police, there's an argument for bringing it back.
I don't understand why they are targetting the police
I've no idea why they're attacking the police other that they're the ones stopping them getting to the migrants and looting shops.

@Chip_TheViking I appreciate your taking of the quiz with your own 'C' answers. :)

A_Son_of_God

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Hey you, the fab forum few, how do you feel about things?

A. Shocked! One of them will now miss her brother's wedding. Free them!
B. It's about bloody time!

A. in total agreement, life sentences would be too short for them.
B. shocked at the abuse of power.

A. No, Free Palestine'ers and minorities have a right to mask up and shout racist slurs
B. Yes. anyone concerned about unlimited immigration are branded racist thugs

A. shout them down, bellitle them and make fun of them
B. Listen to their argument, appreciate their right to say it, but in the end agree to disagree.

Mostly A's - You have radical, left-wing, middle-class values and will be able to claim you're 'one of the adults' in the room!
Mostly B's - Good lad (or girl), you're a decent working-class citizen. Solidarity brother and power to the people!
I understand there being some "C" answers. I can't agree on an A or B in these instances either. For instance, Just because someone protests against something doesn't mean they should be locked up, but it is what they do while they're protesting that is the issue. So I technically can't answer based on an A or B question.

A_Son_of_God

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are targetting the police, unless they are acting under instructions. The police are not the enemy, it's the government.
Probably because the government has the police as their line of defence, so they don't have to deal with the public.

A_Son_of_God

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought you stated you disagree with it.

Personally, and likewise, I'll not be part of any "revenge against the police" ideology, whether unjustly treated or otherwise. I do understand people having issues, but as mentioned, it does not mean that they can go and attack someone. As for the police part in it, they are the last line of defence. Attacking the police is not something a Christian would engage in either, even if they were viewed as our enemies (which they really shouldn't be).

I do see the other side though, but nonetheless, the call to violence against the police is not correct.

Kev45

Reaction score
Two tier sentencing, right? :)

Peaceful protest v Violent racist thugs with shorter sentences who caused high streets all over the UK to close, right?

“Hallam received a five-year sentence on Thursday, while the other four were each sentenced to four years.”

The goverment may charge protestors with terrorism... are you

UK shops shut over fears of more violence as rioter jailed for 3 years.​

“Derek Drummond, 58, who punched a police officer in the face and was part of a crowd that made racist chants outside a Southport mosque last week, was jailed for three years at Liverpool Crown Court on Wednesday.In the same fast-tracked hearing, two other men — Liam Riley, 40, and Declan Geiran, 29 — received prison terms of 20 months and 30 months, respectively, for their involvement in violence last week in Liverpool.”

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I had two As and two Bs as my answers, what does that make me?
It makes you very even handed. :)
I should have created the quiz with an odd number of question to avoid a 2 - 2 situation. It was just a spur of the moment thing designed so I could answer 'B' to every question. ;) Thanks for taking part.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Two tier sentencing, right? :)

Peaceful protest v Violent racist thugs with shorter sentences who caused high streets all over the UK to close, right?

“Hallam received a five-year sentence on Thursday, while the other four were each sentenced to four years.”

UK shops shut over fears of more violence as rioter jailed for 3 years.​

“Derek Drummond, 58, who punched a police officer in the face and was part of a crowd that made racist chants outside a Southport mosque last week, was jailed for three years at Liverpool Crown Court on Wednesday.In the same fast-tracked hearing, two other men — Liam Riley, 40, and Declan Geiran, 29 — received prison terms of 20 months and 30 months, respectively, for their involvement in violence last week in Liverpool.”
Those JustStopOil'ers were charged with Conspiracy to..... well I'm quite sure of the exact wording of the charges, but when the word 'Conspiracy' is on the charge sheet, the state/judiciary hammer the accused...

Back