heat and dogs

Kev45

Art is a line around your thoughts.
Reaction score
Good advice.

I, too, don't walk my pooch at all if the pavement is too hot on the palm of my hand and I won't even take her in the car with the windows open.

I always keep lots of bowls of water all over the house and a full doggy-paddling pool in my little yard. If it is really hot I also torment her with my garden hose, soaking her, but which she seems to enjoy because she wags her tail when I get the hose out (lol).

In her little 'safe space' (where I sit on the couch) I always have a fan blowing as well. :)

Aqua1

A human being, not a human doing x
Reaction score
Good advice.

I, too, don't walk my pooch at all if the pavement is too hot on the palm of my hand and I won't even take her in the car with the windows open.

I always keep lots of bowls of water all over the house and a full doggy-paddling pool in my little yard. If it is really hot I also torment her with my garden hose, soaking her, but which she seems to enjoy because she wags her tail when I get the hose out (lol).

In her little 'safe space' (where I sit on the couch) I always have a fan blowing as well. :)
Here here!!!! Hats off to you as I do exactly the same .

Kev45

Art is a line around your thoughts.
Reaction score
Only doggy parents understand how a dog fast asleep, snoring loudly in another room. Will still hear the slightest crinkle of a crisp packet and be in front of us, drooling, before the packet is even open. :D

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So true Kev, mine had a bed on the landing where the air was cooler.
As soon as I opened the kitchen door, he was there.
Little guy tripped me up several times for Pizza or curry.
It's like they have a Foodar.

Back