Has Boris finally played his last card?

S

Saphire

If so, should he resign? (bet he doesn't) Should he be fired and charged with law breaking?
Or is this all just a big storm in a teacup...he has apologised, and he only acted how many other people acted when they bent the lockdown rules a bit?

C

CrazyCatLady

I used to like Boris- when he was the Mayor of London. His fluffy albino hair, plumb in the mouth accent and that time he made cuppa's for all the reporters outside his house! And I still do kinda like him- cracking sense of humour and he helped to produce that cute little Wilf (adorable little thing). But as PM, he's a bit sh!te and it's time for him to make tea in the Cotswolds for lost hikers.
Yeah, the majority broke lockdown in the odd circumstance- perhaps popped into check on someone they shouldn't have- but most of us weren't having parties for fear of repercussions, but it was fine for him to break the rules and crack the champagne out! Him and his ilk were encouraging neighbours and family to turn on each other and snitch for breaking the rules, so now they've been found out for being hypocrites, they ought to be punished. Whatever fines were in place back then, the organiser of his party should have to pay it. Tis only fair.

A

AGirlHasNoName

He's definitely going to be forced to resign at some point, that's unless he does his stubborn thing and waits until he gets physically thrown out of office. Dominic Cummings is a man scorned and he will stop at nothing until Boris is totally fucked, Rishi Sunak will probably take over, i think he's the preferred one by DC. And DC always gets his own way.

Boris should definitely have to pay whatever fines were in place at the time of this party, otherwise anyone else who was fined should have them paid back.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Her Majesty the Queen popping her clogs later this afternoon would be pretty much the ideal thing to happen, Boris Johnson has decided.

As he faces calls to resign from inside and outside his own party, the Prime Minister realises he’s going to need something pretty big to distract from this one – and Elizabeth II hopping her perch might just about do it.

“A jolly big distraction for a few weeks would be just the ticket,” he told Number Ten insiders.

“Does anyone know her doctor? Or maybe her cook, in case she’s eating some particularly bony fish for lunch.

“Cripes. Maybe I could pop round to Buck House for an audience and leave a roller skate on the stairs. Then the headlines would shift licketty-split and I’d be in the clear again.

“You know what I need to take my mind off this? A big old piss-up. Everyone round to my place for a party!”

via ~ Daily Liars

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Boris Johnson has been quick to stress that a gathering that took place during the first lockdown wasn’t a ‘party’, as it didn’t comprise of activities that Tories typically associate with a jolly old time.

A leaked email has suggested that Downing Street held a ‘Bring Your Own Booze’ party during the height of the first lockdown for up to 100 members of staff, at a time when people across the country were prevented from attending funerals, visiting sick relatives or even leaving the house more than once during the day, leading to fury from those who actually followed the rules Downing Street themselves had set out.

Speaking to press this morning, the Prime Minister explained, “This was nothing more than a work meeting for Downing Street staff, and the instruction to ‘bring your own booze’ was clearly an ironic one, and would have been read by staff in the manner intended, namely that they were to bring their own tap water or soft drinks. The Conservative government, as you know, is all about saving money.”

He went on, “If you had been there, you would have seen that the party – ahem, work gathering, I mean – lacked all aspects of what you’d associate with Tories having a good time.

“There were no strippers crying in the corner of the room after Matt Hancock got a bit handsy, Priti Patel certainly didn’t play Pin The Harpoon On The Dinghy, and we didn’t end the evening drunkenly rolling around the streets of London in tuxedos, burning fifty quid notes in front of the homeless.”

He concluded, “Of course, the person who sent that email will be giving a tearful apology and resigning live on TV within a few hours – someone has to take the blame, even though nothing bad happened – and then the whole thing will blow over like everything else does, I expect.”

It is understood that the civil servant in charge of investigating parties that took place in Downing Street during the lockdown is now shifting their focus onto finding dates on which parties did not take place instead.

via ~Daily Pissup

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Teflon Boris, sh*it never sticks. The true depravity of a pathological liar, adulterer and narcissist.

As happened to others who broke the rules.

Jail him. LOCK HIM UP!

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
DOM.jpg

Dominic Cummings is having a good chuckle to himself this afternoon.

The former adviser to the Prime Minister and Sith Lord watched the events of Prime Minister’s Questions unfold from the television of his Death Star, in orbit above Barnard Castle.

“Yesssss…” quietly hissed Cummings, from beneath a black hood.

“Everything is going according to plan… the plan being to wrong those who have wronged me, only twice as hard.

“Everything I have leaked to the press or blackmailed other people into leaking to the press is having precisely the desired effect. The public that once loved Boris now universally hate him, save for one or two deluded journos at the Express.

“Soon… soon my vengeance will be complete, Boris will be out on his arse and I can finally release my book. That’s going to be really terrific.

“I’ll market it as brand new unreleased stories, but it will mostly be stuff you already know with one or two new bits, all for seventeen pounds. You mugs. God I hate you all.

“MWAHAHAHA and so on.”

via ~ Daily Garden Party and F*uck Those Who Were and Are Dying Because We Don't Care

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
The left-wing sites I frequent are painting a completely different picture.

Evil Corbynism has officially been defeated, we will now defeat the evil Boris, even though Sir Keir attended a similar event at the Labour Party, and although we have had this info on Boris for months.

Sir Keir Starmer is the next fit leader, we have now prepared this novice to lead, this demonstrates democracy is alive and well in the UK.

God save you, Sir Keir.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'You like parties don’t you Boris? How about a leaving party?'-K

S

Saphire

I can't see him getting out of this one easily, not when so many people in the real world were suffering really badly.

The one who is shown to be even worse than Boris though, is the slimy whistle-blower Cummings.
Only blowing the whistle if it doesn't affect him though...slimy creep.

walkingonsunshine

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
With reference to all I can describe as a witch hunt by the media towards Boris Johnson who has had the most difficult premiership in peace time history.

This is the way I see it:

Boris Johnson catches Covid and still runs the country throughout. Is admitted to hospital on 5th April 2020 and was in such a bad way could have lost his life.

12th April is discharged from hospital.

29th April his baby is born.

All through this period the country was out every Friday evening on their doorsteps holding a clap for carers, me included and from what I could see from events shown on the TV there wasn't much social distancing going on.

8th May there were millions of people holding parties in their front gardens. Down my road, the front gardens are 12 foot wide by 5 foot, so hard to keep to the 6 foot distance from your neighbours. In the afternoon everybody kept to their own gardens, but as the alcohol started taking effect people were entering each other's gardens, taking chairs to the outside boundaries, etc. This would have been the same situation for millions of households throughout the country.

20th May Boris Johnson attends a pre-arranged gathering in his garden with people who all work together, where alcohol was drunk.

18 months later the media hear about it and there's lots of heart wrenching stories regarding what the public had to put up with. I could give similar heart wrenching personal stories, but I can see no difference between what he did as to what millions did on VE day and I for one am very grateful to him for what he's done for the country during the pandemic under very difficult circumstances and plenty of criticism, whatever he had decided he'd have been criticised by somebody.

S

Saphire

I agree he has had probably the hardest PM ship since wartime.
The difference as I see it, millions of people DID follow the rules, Boris stood on his podium every week and said the same thing, Stay home...dont mix with people outside your very limited bubble....Protect the NHS.

I think it's the hypocrisy of it all that is hard to take.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
As has been pointed out above, who would the Conservatives get to replace him? Most of them have baggage of some sort. You'd think Labour would want to keep him in place until the next election, instead of acting like an hysterical opposition baying for blood, feeding off the media. :rolleyes:

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What they (the establishment) do is, use people to usher in a narrative and then slowly get rid of them to remove them out of the spotlight, its a tried and tested method so the policies are left in place but public face of it, isnt. They ALWAYS have a plan where the "face" is publicly hung out to dry to appease the outrage of the pitchfork and torch wavers before they simmer down and go back to normality. Youll often find them reappearing 2 years later either in a ambassadorial role in a vain attempt to portray some sort of redemption of past civil duty sins or in some sort of media position trying to appear edgy and anti authoritarian.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm more interested in who's drip feeding this ammo to the media. They've held on to it for over a year. :rolleyes: The photo of Boris and Co sitting around drinking, was taken from a Treasury balcony next door to number 10. Does that put Rishi in the frame? Cummings was in the photo so that clearly rules him out of that particular leak.

Back