Guess the word!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Spelling errors you've seen in chat rooms that were so wrong, you weren't sure what they intended...

'Sizzers' = (scissors)
'torcher' = (torture)

Any others?

S

Saphire

I probably don't notice most spelling errors, I make a lot myself, usually only noticing after I have posted, and tbh, I don't really care.:cool:

It's more what people are saying that counts. Posters like Whatsisname, that sit on a dictionary, wetting themselves with glee when they spot a typo/spelling/grammar error, have nothing interesting to say, so they find their niche...and stay there for all time.:rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's more what people are saying that counts. Posters like Whatsisname, that sit on a dictionary, wetting themselves with glee when they spot a typo/spelling/grammar error, have nothing interesting to say
If you're referring to that WickedSedition chap, Just stop right there, stop it! He's lovely :)
The word 'yacht' was written next to an image of a yacht, and I was like

'Why is it spelt like that, if you pronounce it 'yot'?
Yes, teachers used to tell you to sound the word out, how do you sound out a word like 'yacht'? :rolleyes: And who didn't pronounce women's lingerie as 'lingery'? :)

S

Saphire

If you're referring to that WickedSedition chap, Just stop right there, stop it! He's lovely :)

Yes, teachers used to tell you to sound the word out, how do you sound out a word like 'yacht'? :rolleyes: And who didn't pronounce women's lingerie as 'lingery'? :)
o_Oo_Oo_O ;)

Back