God helps those who help themselves

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A chap was at home when a torrential rainstorm began. His house began to flood. Someone came to the door offering to drive him to higher ground. He declined, saying "God will take care of me." Hours later the water engulfed the ground floor. A boat passed by and the skipper offered to take him to safety. He declined, saying "God will take care of me." Later on as the man sat on his roof a helicopter flew by, the pilot offered to take him to dry land. again he declined, saying "God will take care of me." The man drowned. As he stood before God in heaven he protested his fate. "You promised you would help me as long as I was faithful." God replied, "I sent you a car, a boat and a helicopter. Your death is your own fault." God helps those who help themselves.

I was stuck with 'Creeping Jesus' at work last night who spouted that story ^^^ But he wouldn't accept that the saying isn't actually biblical, I'm sure it isn't in the bible. I think it just means that if you make an effort to achieve something, you will be successful.
Anyway... Any other sayings erroneous attributed to the bible?....

Back