Feed the children!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
UNICEF, playing politics in a PR stunt, has launched a domestic emergency response to help feed children in the UK. Is that an argument for us to stop spending the £15 billion (that's £15,000 million) on foreign aid and instead spend it on children in this country?

B

Bad_Influence

UNICEF, playing politics in a PR stunt, has launched a domestic emergency response to help feed children in the UK. Is that an argument for us to stop spending the £15 billion (that's £15,000 million) on foreign aid and instead spend it on children in this country?

I want to ‘Like’ that comment multiple times.
It really is about time we took care of our own before throwing a fortune abroad. Especially considering that only a fraction of it really gets to where it is needed. Most is swallowed up by foreign governments or corrupt ‘charities’.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm reminded of the time the president of poverty-stricken Mosambique used the foreign aid to buy himself a private jet! I wonder how many children in the UK that would have fed? :rolleyes:

B

Bad_Influence

And I’m sure that goes on everywhere. Even most of the poorest countries have rich gov’ts. Yet we supposed to care when even their own couldn’t give a sh**?

B

Bad_Influence

We should use the £15 billion to create jobs for the parents of our poorest kids (on a wage that allows them to provide for their family), and provide the means for them to work. That way it would reduce the burden on the benefit system, boost the economy, and show up the ones who don’t want to work.

Back