Fab original songs that got eclipsed by cover versions

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

Fab original songs that got eclipsed by cover versions​

I don't gettit, does that mean the cover versions are better or worse than the originals?

PS- Lots of songs on youtube have been tagged as "Remastered" and they sound friggin awful, all tinny and squeaky, not a bit like the originals.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't gettit, does that mean the cover versions are better or worse than the originals?
I take your point, the thread title is very ambiguous. I intended to highlight original songs that got forgotten, discounted, ignored when a cover version became popular. Take the OP, people now associate 'Valerie' with Amy Winehouse.
Threads often go off at a tangent, but if it generates activity on the forum it can only be a good thing :)

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Regarding "remastered" old songs, it's a tragedy that youngsters today hear it and think it's the original.
I was a teen in the 1960's and grew up with the great chunky sound of the Beatles, but modern remastering has eliminated the chunkiness and replaced it with a tinny tinkling nonsense.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I take your point, the thread title is very ambiguous...

Yeah, and there are some posters here who make a habit of it, and I'm still trying to work out whether they're left wing or right wing or "don't knows'..:)

Back