Everything is Valid!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Not if it destroys you.

A

Aqua1

Not if it destroys you.
Thanks for your response. The definition of being destroyed is variable to each individual and the circumstances surrounding.
I get it, as I have been in that black hole a few times and questioned whether life was worth continuing, but however dark there is always light and it comes down to choices and whether or not you want it enough. There are many tools of aid within the depths of despair tho invisible at that time.
We are all imperfectly perfect, moulded by our experiences, it's the intent that is important that determines which path we walk.
Have a great day!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. The definition of being destroyed is variable to each individual and the circumstances surrounding.
I get it, as I have been in that black hole a few times and questioned whether life was worth continuing, but however dark there is always light and it comes down to choices and whether or not you want it enough. There are many tools of aid within the depths of despair tho invisible at that time.
We are all imperfectly perfect, moulded by our experiences, it's the intent that is important that determines which path we walk.
Have a great day!
To be able to recover from trauma is something basically philosophical, a state of acceptance of the world as it is.
Yes psychology can help, councilling, therapy, drugs, can help.
However, to truely get over trauma means one looks at life on an individual scale and asks a question.
"Is it worth living"
To many times I have looked down that rabbit hole and said No it isnt, yet still do it.
Why?
Because I still have people who love me, still have people I need to care about and still believe that somehow, somewhere I can do some good in the world.
Working with veterens really does give one an insight into how fecked up life can really get, they see things no one should.
Some understandably break, like a Army Medic friend of mine after trying to treat children blown apart from bombing.
Can anyone blame them?
Many come home from active service and embrace thier wife and kids, thier mothers, brothers and sisters and weep.

Thats what I mean by seeing things that can destroy you.
Something outside your control and against your own values and ideas of what is right.
Yet something you signed up for in good faith.
Be that an armed forces position, or a relationship, one volunteered because one thought it was right.
When one learns it was a mistake, the damage, above and beyond the physical can be destructive to the point of life becoming a burden not to oneself, but to everyone you love.
Whether that is true of a drug addict who steals from thier parents to get a fix, or a partner who comes home from war to not be able to be a husband or wife any more.

There are a lot of broken people, psychological strength is sometimes not enough.
Sometimes they need to hear they are just human to, expected to believe that all the actions we take where we "Know" we are right.
We very rarely "Know" what right and wrong is these days.

A

Aqua1

To be able to recover from trauma is something basically philosophical, a state of acceptance of the world as it is.
Yes psychology can help, councilling, therapy, drugs, can help.
However, to truely get over trauma means one looks at life on an individual scale and asks a question.
"Is it worth living"
To many times I have looked down that rabbit hole and said No it isnt, yet still do it.
Why?
Because I still have people who love me, still have people I need to care about and still believe that somehow, somewhere I can do some good in the world.
Working with veterens really does give one an insight into how fecked up life can really get, they see things no one should.
Some understandably break, like a Army Medic friend of mine after trying to treat children blown apart from bombing.
Can anyone blame them?
Many come home from active service and embrace thier wife and kids, thier mothers, brothers and sisters and weep.

Thats what I mean by seeing things that can destroy you.
Something outside your control and against your own values and ideas of what is right.
Yet something you signed up for in good faith.
Be that an armed forces position, or a relationship, one volunteered because one thought it was right.
When one learns it was a mistake, the damage, above and beyond the physical can be destructive to the point of life becoming a burden not to oneself, but to everyone you love.
Whether that is true of a drug addict who steals from thier parents to get a fix, or a partner who comes home from war to not be able to be a husband or wife any more.

There are a lot of broken people, psychological strength is sometimes not enough.
Sometimes they need to hear they are just human to, expected to believe that all the actions we take where we "Know" we are right.
We very rarely "Know" what right and wrong is these days.
Absolutely!! Beautiful yet soul destroying words. I guess all we can do is focus on our own little piece of the world and do the best we can with it, prompting others to do the same. In time, the good will spread with the intention of easing destruction (we can but hope!). Much love to you.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Absolutely!! Beautiful yet soul destroying words. I guess all we can do is focus on our own little piece of the world and do the best we can with it, prompting others to do the same. In time, the good will spread with the intention of easing destruction (we can but hope!). Much love to you.

Thank you for your kind words.
I believe Hope spreads faster than hate when people think beyond themselves.

Back