England’s sewage crisis: how polluted is your local river?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
That was an interesting little read..... I think:rolleyes:

What the article missed out was the human effect. People and and their pleasure boats that use those rivers dump there sewage straight into it. They shouldn't it's....against the law.... but they all do it.

Even people who use sailing dinghy's do it. Small boats like kayaks and sailing dinghy's don't come with toilets.

I'm going to tell you the truth about pollution on our beaches and our rivers during the warmer months. People rushed to the beach in their thousands. Now who hasn't had a wee a in the sea?

It's even worse at night in towns like Brighton with few public toilets. After dark, clubbers all hit the beach for a wee and a crap. It's the reason you find turds floating in the sea. Nothing to do with the water companies..... it's people who cant find a public toilet open at 4am.

Think about all those people who walk their dogs and fish along many canals and river banks. Do you think they wait until they get home if they need a wee? No again.

Water companies may dump raw sewage over the winter if there's a storm. Our old sewage system cannot take a number of people living in the UK right now but to blame them for all the sewage contamination is ridiculous.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have a black kettle, every 2 days I have to clean the limescale off it because our water sux so bad.
Got filters for my water and they clog up after a week.

It's pathetic.

Back