Do you live in luxury?

S

Saphire

Call Me old fashioned. But in MY book 'WANT' doesn't 'Get'. Quote " So after all the basics are taken care of, what is there to spend money on anyway"... Where exactly are you getting the money from to spend on travel?.
Probably the same way you get your money...unless you are a work shy scrounger that is.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Probably the same way you get your money...unless you are a work shy scrounger that is.
Hmm. Well I'm not able to comment on a chat site 24/7. But YOU appear to be able to do so.

Most members here know that I work for a living. My times here are limited because of that.

Perhaps you were talking about YOURSELF when you mentioned 'Work shy scrounger'.

S

Saphire

Hmm. Well I'm not able to comment on a chat site 24/7. But YOU appear to be able to do so.

Most members here know that I work for a living. My times here are limited because of that.

Perhaps you were talking about YOURSELF when you mentioned 'Work shy scrounger'.

Nope...never scrounged off anyone since being a teenager...what we now have...we have worked hard for.

And you can only speak for yourself....don't tell me what "most members'' know....:rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Nope...never scrounged off anyone since being a teenager...what we now have...we have worked hard for.

And you can only speak for yourself....don't tell me what "most members'' know....:rolleyes:
Says you....Who is We! Who is WE?.

I will tell you what I want to tell you.

S

Saphire

Says you....Who is We! Who is WE?.

I will tell you what I want to tell you.
You ask an awful lot of questions, don't you..."where do I get my money",..."who is WE"...."can we chat".

To save you further rebuffs, my money is my business, my private life is exactly that, and I don't accept private chats...now run along and stop trying to be clever, it doesn't suit you.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You ask an awful lot of questions, don't you..."where do I get my money",..."who is WE"...."can we chat".

To save you further rebuffs, my money is my business, my private life is exactly that, and I don't accept private chats...now run along and stop trying to be clever, it doesn't suit you.
Yes. I do ask questions. Folks like YOU just hate that don't you. I have never once tried to private chat with YOU...What's that all about?...You are a scrounger living off the state be honest. Being Clever does actually suit ME.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Someone quite wealthy on the radio said today, they have no complaints, they live in relative luxury.
It got me thinking, what do people define as 'luxurious living'?
It's all relative really.....but my definition would be, if you are warm, fed, with all the facilities to make life better than it was for our parents and grandparents, many of whom had no inside toilet, bathroom, central heating etc.....we are in fact, living in luxury.
Having an indoor toilet

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Being happy is a state of mind.
Having more money in your bank account doesnt mean much.
Luxury is a desire not a necessity.

As BronzeSquirrel "having an indoor toilet".

How many people on the planet have a toilet?

Realise that simple thing, that we have the lights on when we flip a switch, we can talk to people online, we can get in a car to go to work.
Those are miracles to many on this planet.

Thats luxury.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Being happy is a state of mind.
Having more money in your bank account doesnt mean much.
Luxury is a desire not a necessity.

As BronzeSquirrel "having an indoor toilet".

How many people on the planet have a toilet?

Realise that simple thing, that we have the lights on when we flip a switch, we can talk to people online, we can get in a car to go to work.
Those are miracles to many on this planet.

Thats luxury.

I experienced quite a bit of poverty when I was younger. To this day, when I luxuriate in a scented bath with unlimited hot water, I never take it for granted.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Someone quite wealthy on the radio said today, they have no complaints, they live in relative luxury.
It got me thinking, what do people define as 'luxurious living'?
It's all relative really.....but my definition would be, if you are warm, fed, with all the facilities to make life better than it was for our parents and grandparents, many of whom had no inside toilet, bathroom, central heating etc.....we are in fact, living in luxury.
Owning a house and not having to worry about paying the rent, being able to afford central heating to keep you warm during the winter, being able to afford a weeks worth of shopping, having access to hot water and a shower. Those types of things are considered a luxury to have, even if they're basic things. Not everyone has those things, and i was one of those kids growing up in the cold, no heating, no hot water to have a bath or shower(had to boil a kettle and fill it up in the bath or go to my grandmothers house).

I'll never take the basic things i have now for granted.

S

Saphire

Owning a house and not having to worry about paying the rent, being able to afford central heating to keep you warm during the winter, being able to afford a weeks worth of shopping, having access to hot water and a shower. Those types of things are considered a luxury to have, even if they're basic things. Not everyone has those things, and i was one of those kids growing up in the cold, no heating, no hot water to have a bath or shower(had to boil a kettle and fill it up in the bath or go to my grandmothers house).

I'll never take the basic things i have now for granted.
Same here, and for others who have answered in this thread.
I don't think you ever do forget hard struggles...I was a kid and it was normal for me, I think back and realise how hard it must have been for my mother back then.
In this country at least, there is a benefit system that should ensure no one lives in that sort of poverty anymore. The rise in food banks, even before the pandemic hit many people hard, would show differently though.

Isabelle1

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Luxury? I have a roof over my head and food in my belly - that is pretty luxurious to me.
Always there will be times when you have more and times when you have less.
The real luxury in life is dreaming of the things that may be and the things that you don't yet have.
If all your wishes came true at once and you had everything you ever wanted - there's nothing left then. That would be a poor way to live indeed.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Same here, and for others who have answered in this thread.
I don't think you ever do forget hard struggles...I was a kid and it was normal for me, I think back and realise how hard it must have been for my mother back then.
In this country at least, there is a benefit system that should ensure no one lives in that sort of poverty anymore. The rise in food banks, even before the pandemic hit many people hard, would show differently though.
It does humble you as a person. I've seen too many people who were spoiled as children, go on to be absolutely ruined as people, because they didn't experience those struggles. So I'm not saying that those experiences were all bad, as you look back on them and look at where you are now and compare the differences. The truth is that no one owes us anything, and you learn that very early as someone who grows up through poverty for decades.

Back