Diversity

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I see that the world of Cricket is being challenged for it's lack of diversity. County teams are being threatened with loss of funding if they do not comply with the rules as set out by the E&WCB.
They are obliged to employ, both in the sides and management, more BAME.
Isn't this rather like asking the boards of art galleries to show more Turners, Monets, Constables , Picasso's etc. than the works of less distinguished artists, wherever they come from?
And why do we Brits so encourage the continual drive downwards of our talents instead of lauding them to the heavens?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I clicked on this post thinking it would be about the antics of the Diversity dance group. :rolleyes: Thankfully it was about something more interesting than that shower. Yes, we're now obsessed about minorities. All I can add, and without wishing to sound like Spock from Star Trek - The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I clicked on this post thinking it would be about the antics of the Diversity dance group. :rolleyes: Thankfully it was about something more interesting than that shower. Yes, we're now obsessed about minorities. All I can add, and without wishing to sound like Spock from Star Trek - The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!

I was attracted to the title of the thread for similar reasons but never gave thought to the silly dance group. :)
It appears now that we are having to sacrifice our national identity for fear of causing offence to every conceivable minority group.
Positive discrimination is not the way to proceed in any democracy. It causes more resentment, if anything.
Isn't diversity allowing inclusion by choice and by merit, not dictating who is entitled to that inclusion?
The BBC and the National Trust are, from what I have observed, two of the main propagators of this misguided way of thinking; basically pandering to the whims of the 'woke' establishment. I do not doubt various other organisations are similarly motivated.
I think there will be a backlash to all this and not in the too-distant future.
We are sick and tired of being told what we should do already.
Or rather, how we are meant to think for ourselves!

Back