Derailing threads.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I have had to delete a very important thread, because it was being derailed. I found it quite disrespectful, therefore the only answer was to delete it.
If this happens on other forums, the moderators step in and either warn people, or they delete the thread entirely. This may sound authoritarian, but at least it ensues good behaviour.

I realise that in posting this thread, I might offend certain people, but I'm fine with that evolution!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Wonder what it was.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
I have had to delete a very important thread, because it was being derailed. I found it quite disrespectful, therefore the only answer was to delete it.
If this happens on other forums, the moderators step in and either warn people, or they delete the thread entirely. This may sound authoritarian, but at least it ensues good behaviour.

I realise that in posting this thread, I might offend certain people, but I'm fine with that evolution!

I 100% agree. That's exactly why I don't bother contributing myself. I browsed through the recent board topics yesterday, the new world cup thread is just about the only thread that doesn't involve conspiracy theories of some sort, and hard right rhetoric. I also deleted a post yesterday because ultimately it is pointless trying to engage with people who spam boards with YouTube videos and "sheep" insults and who are incapable of holding a conversation that doesn't revolve around them and their views.

Back