Cheesy worries.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Will leaving the Euro mean we forgo our favourite cheeses? Will France be petty enough to make supplies difficult? Well. I don't care 'cos I prefer a fine lump of mature Cheddar to most other cheeses and especially to Brie...which smells and tastes of old, sweaty, socks.
What's yours?

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Cornish Brie is far superior to French!! And bad if you like danish blue, try Norbury Blue - it’s amazing ;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
CoyDwtMWAAAfeqT.jpg

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Will leaving the Euro mean we forgo our favourite cheeses? Will France be petty enough to make supplies difficult? Well. I don't care 'cos I prefer a fine lump of mature Cheddar to most other cheeses and especially to Brie...which smells and tastes of old, sweaty, socks.
What's yours?

As a dedicated turophile myself, my personal favourites are Blue Stilton and Vintage Cheddar.
However, Blue Stilton is very inconsistent with both quality and flavour; probably because it is made in more than one region. When at its best, it is, without question, the most heavenly of British cheeses; hence it being called 'the king of cheeses'.
I have always found Saint Agur cheese from France to be consistent in both quality and flavour but it is a lot more expensive than Blue Stilton, otherwise I'd opt for that more frequently because of its consistent satisfaction.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
As a dedicated turophile myself, my personal favourites are Blue Stilton and Vintage Cheddar.
However, Blue Stilton is very inconsistent with both quality and flavour; probably because it is made in more than one region. When at its best, it is, without question, the most heavenly of British cheeses; hence it being called 'the king of cheeses'.
I have always found Saint Agur cheese from France to be consistent in both quality and flavour but it is a lot more expensive than Blue Stilton, otherwise I'd opt for that more frequently because of its consistent satisfaction.
Have you tried 'winter cheese"?
It's hard to be a fan. :eek:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Is this where you say 'hard cheese'? ;)

No. It's where I tell you of this winter cheese.
You see, all the brie makers gather all the bits and bobs they have left towards the end of the year and put it in a big, big holder, first scraping off some of the green bits. After a mix and melt it is all stirred before being put into little pots and filled, so that the foul, scum is given a thick crust, put in tiny pots, and quickly wrapped to escape the foul odours emitting from said cheese. It is then labelled, frozen and as quickly as possible, sent to the UK.
Here turophiles, and other snobs, buy the stuff and...actually eat it.
Then the world looks on and wonders.

MrPaperclip

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well since I can always find a chunk of my favorite moldy cheese attached to the bell of my peen they're no worries here :)

Back