Chat Block!

Geordiefella4u

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I've just switched to an EE dongle and when I try to log in to chat it tells me there's a permanent ban on the ISP due to ban evaders????

Miss_Understanding

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
EE is currently banned from the site. This isn’t permanent

TacoBelle

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I’m too old to chat now. 120 is young. Ageist. Lmao I’m just kidding, but not really, but kinda.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The age thing is now fixed
It isn`t really . I`m not bothered about who knows my age apart from the fact that it can put off potential chatters who are slightly ageist?. On my registration form i filled in all the data as required and when it came to DOB i filled that in correctly. The required dates were Day ,Month and Year.. There is an option on the Year though. Date & month are joined to allow you to show or not to show . . The Year is separated and has a box of it`s own to tick or not. It does say that if you tick the box your age will be on view to anyone .I left that box empty so, in theory, my age should`nt show but it does .
A couple of times i`ve tried to redo it it ( legally as offered) but it still shows my age in my profile .Not really bothered but can this be fixed?

Miss_Understanding

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You can change your dob yourself. This has nothing to do with what I was talking about, the age limit for joining the rooms IS fixed

megs233

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It isn`t really . I`m not bothered about who knows my age apart from the fact that it can put off potential chatters who are slightly ageist?. On my registration form i filled in all the data as required and when it came to DOB i filled that in correctly. The required dates were Day ,Month and Year.. There is an option on the Year though. Date & month are joined to allow you to show or not to show . . The Year is separated and has a box of it`s own to tick or not. It does say that if you tick the box your age will be on view to anyone .I left that box empty so, in theory, my age should`nt show but it does .
A couple of times i`ve tried to redo it it ( legally as offered) but it still shows my age in my profile .Not really bothered but can this be fixed?
Why I ask you , are you ashamed of how old you are? your age show how long you lived and how wise you are. [ then again maybe not] iam proud of my age.

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I've just checked out your profile @ helltobewith76 - all I see is a birthday. Year of birth isn't visible.
Thanks for that . It shows that the registering process is working ok :D

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You can change your dob yourself. This has nothing to do with what I was talking about, the age limit for joining the rooms IS fixed
Sorry ,i didn`t know that .My mind is blown ! :D

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Why I ask you , are you ashamed of how old you are? your age show how long you lived and how wise you are. [ then again maybe not] iam proud of my age.
I didn`t say i`m ashamed of my age ,unless you can copy/paste where i do ?.
It`s simple fact that some chatters don`t like to associate with "elderly" people due to not having a common interest. The other factor , which i often get told about , is "to act my age" . That from members who are in their 40`s or 50`s may i add. Not sure what they mean by that but if anyone else reads this thread i`m sure they will explain.:)

megs233

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I didn`t say i`m ashamed of my age ,unless you can copy/paste where i do ?.
It`s simple fact that some chatters don`t like to associate with "elderly" people due to not having a common interest. The other factor , which i often get told about , is "to act my age" . That from members who are in their 40`s or 50`s may i add. Not sure what they mean by that but if anyone else reads this thread i`m sure they will explain.:)
simples ignore the one whom know no better .

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am Happely 56! And I don't care about any1 that says a thing about "IT " :)