Can't start a conversation with someone, but both following each other

Greyllama

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Hi,

I need advice, I want to start a conversation on here with someone I follow but it say when I send it, you are not allowed message this person.

What is going on? Help please!

DoncasterGal

Just me! xx
Reaction score
cant say for certain but maybe they have blocked you (some do when being followed without asking)
or they just don't have PM messages open … have you tried sending them a whisper in the chatroom first?
good luck xx

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hi,

I need advice, I want to start a conversation on here with someone I follow but it say when I send it, you are not allowed message this person.

Have tried approaching the person in a chat room ? let them know your trying to send them it . they may setting set so they dont want
messages.

Greyllama

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
What I actually meant was sending a message via the conversation option in the main menu when you log in. Not in the chat room.

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score
cant say for certain but maybe they have blocked you (some do when being followed without asking)
or they just don't have PM messages open … have you tried sending them a whisper in the chatroom first?
good luck xx
Maybe they just don’t like you it happens to us all just try to find another friend who appreciates you.

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score
Have tried approaching the person in a chat room ? let them know your trying to send them it . they may setting set so they dont want
messages.

My guess is they have you on block for some reason I’d move on and find a person who actually likes to chat.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Personally speaking I have my pm's blocked, only because I prefer to chat in main, I cannot multitask and cannot be doing with the constant requests to pm. It makes life simpler, however, I am not in chat to meet the man of my dreams but just chat to like minded people. I do know some people on chat preferred to be asked to pm in the main room rather than directly from a private message or a whisper, maybe, you should ask in main room, however, be prepared to be ignored, (which is rude in my opinion), or turned down and move on. Good Luck Greyllama I hope you succeed, bless your heart :)

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score
Personally speaking I have my pm's blocked, only because I prefer to chat in main, I cannot multitask and cannot be doing with the constant requests to pm. It makes life simpler, however, I am not in chat to meet the man of my dreams but just chat to like minded people. I do know some people on chat preferred to be asked to pm in the main room rather than directly from a private message or a whisper, maybe, you should ask in main room, however, be prepared to be ignored, (which is rude in my opinion), or turned down and move on. Good Luck Greyllama I hope you succeed, bless your heart :)
Lol Jen yes don’t let those dirty old men pm you lol

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score
Hi,

Pmsl. I’ve looked into this. The person you want to message has blocked you lol

Special_K

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
A lot of people find the "follow" feature a bit creepy tbh. It's one thing to be sent a friend request but with this feature you get no option but to be followed by someone, therefore some people block those they don't know. Remember that not everyone is here to chat in private, best to just move on; she or he doesn't want to chat.

Edit hmm just noticed you have said the person follows you. Strange then.

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
I follow several chatters not in a creepy way lol but so i know when my chat friends are on and i can say hello right away !
Anywho, good luck and maybe when you get to know the person better thru chatroom he/she will accept messages . TC

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Hi,

OR : the person wants fair warning that you are in chat ?? thats why the follow .

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I always wondered what the online friends column was for and now I know. Actually it is a quite nice function I think, and will follow more people now I know what it is for. Mind you this would be in a purely platonic way. :D

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think it only works if you're both following each other.

Back