Camping or Glamping?

D

Dardii

This is something that shows just how different my Sister and I are. I love camping, real camping.. building my own fire, setting up camp usually by a river, a quiet spot - where humans can't reach me. Basic equipment, and easy cook grub. A sleeping bag, small tent and good boots. Except that time I went up a mountain in flip flops, but we won't go there.

Best place that I've been camping? Botswana!

My Sister however wouldn't do any of that. Oh no, she would need at least a large caravan with additional awning (as close as she would get to a tent). She would need all mods cons available. She wouldn't dare eat food cooked over a fire, never mind find wood for it. She wouldn't take a crap outside either, or dig her own hole for it. Nope, roughing it is not for my Sister.

Would you choose Camping over Glamping, or is Glamping the closest you get to nature?

Answers on the back of a post card please....

B

Bad_Influence

This is something that shows just how different my Sister and I are. I love camping, real camping.. building my own fire, setting up camp usually by a river, a quiet spot - where humans can't reach me. Basic equipment, and easy cook grub. A sleeping bag, small tent and good boots. Except that time I went up a mountain in flip flops, but we won't go there.

Best place that I've been camping? Botswana!

My Sister however wouldn't do any of that. Oh no, she would need at least a large caravan with additional awning (as close as she would get to a tent). She would need all mods cons available. She wouldn't dare eat food cooked over a fire, never mind find wood for it. She wouldn't take a crap outside either, or dig her own hole for it. Nope, roughing it is not for my Sister.

Would you choose Camping over Glamping, or is Glamping the closest you get to nature?

Answers on the back of a post card please....

Neither. (It was a small post card)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Basic camping? No thanks! the toilet facilities alone would kill it for me. What are the toilet facilities, a spade and a hole in the ground? Give me glamping any day.

Back