'But I don't really work as a concept outside the Commons,' says Rees-Mogg.

Kev45

Devils advocate? Contrarian ego strokers.
Reaction score
JACOB Rees-Mogg has confessed that, without a seat in Parliament, he is just some kind of Edwardian cosplay dickhead.

The former member for North East Somerset believes that if he attempts to ride a penny-farthing or insist gentlemen address one other as ‘esquire’ in a non-political job, then colleagues will simply laugh at him.

He continued: The irony of dressing up as a patrician prick from a previous generation only really works when you’re in power.

It reached its greatest expression when I was energy secretary and attempted to return the British Isles to the gas-lamp standard, but even as a backbencher my whole look worked beautifully. But what of today?

I fear the urchins will jeer, the proletarians will snigger, and those who truly appreciated my juxtaposition of Edwardian and contemporary will no longer care, for only Telegraph leader writers truly understood me.

What now for Rees-Mogg? Must I abandon my signature look, don a tracksuit and gold chains and begin hanging around car parks in Essex, looking to curry favour with the boy racers?

He added: “It is at times such as these I regret naming a son Sextus.”

C

Confused_Fred

Jacob Rees Mogg net worth

In 2019, Spear’s Wealth Management suggested that Jacob Rees-Mogg’s net worth is “well over £100 million”.

You can be like Kev and live the life of riley on the dole ...........or........ you can listen to Mogg who's got 100 million.

Hmmm... which one to choose ;)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
JACOB Rees-Mogg has confessed that, without a seat in Parliament, he is just some kind of Edwardian cosplay dickhead.

The former member for North East Somerset believes that if he attempts to ride a penny-farthing or insist gentlemen address one other as ‘esquire’ in a non-political job, then colleagues will simply laugh at him.

He continued: The irony of dressing up as a patrician prick from a previous generation only really works when you’re in power.

It reached its greatest expression when I was energy secretary and attempted to return the British Isles to the gas-lamp standard, but even as a backbencher my whole look worked beautifully. But what of today?

I fear the urchins will jeer, the proletarians will snigger, and those who truly appreciated my juxtaposition of Edwardian and contemporary will no longer care, for only Telegraph leader writers truly understood me.

What now for Rees-Mogg? Must I abandon my signature look, don a tracksuit and gold chains and begin hanging around car parks in Essex, looking to curry favour with the boy racers?

He added: “It is at times such as these I regret naming a son Sextus.”

007.gif

Back