Blake's 7

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
During lockdown I've been looking for things to watch. I went through the other half's dvd collection and came across the Blake's 7 boxset. I missed this series first time round, I was far too young. :rolleyes: What a cracking character-driven space drama, I'm up to episode 7 of 48, will I finish it before lockdown ends?
Are you using lockdown to catch up on TV programmes that passed you by? Share .. . . . . . . ..

Calledsaul

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
During the first lockdown, I started to pay more attention to Mike and Molly, having ignored it previously.

Melissa McCarthy is fantastic as Molly, in fact the whole cast really excel. It's a pandemic win for me.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've binged watched Last Man On Earth. And that's rare for me with a TV series as i usually lose interest mid-season. I might watch the odd film, play a few PS4 games, or whatever takes my fancy.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've binged watched Last Man On Earth. And that's rare for me with a TV series as i usually lose interest mid-season.

Some series improve in time as the characters develop.
*Spoiler alert*
At the end of series 2, I was ready to give up on Blake's 7 when the eponymous hero Blake left the show. I just thought how can it carry on for another 26 episodes? But I stuck with it and it actually got better.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Some series improve in time as the characters develop.
*Spoiler alert*
At the end of series 2, I was ready to give up on Blake's 7 when the eponymous hero Blake left the show. I just thought how can it carry on for another 26 episodes? But I stuck with it and it actually got better.

It's similar to the Walking Dead TV series. People threatened to stop watching if the popular Daryl Dixon was ever killed off. They may have teased it on a number of occasions, but i knew that he was more than likely going to survive any outcome due to the fan backlash. So i appreciate when TV series go that route where they're not afraid to kill off popular characters.

Back