Best Watch you have owned or Hope to own?.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Here is a Watch i aspire to own....Amazing. WBU?

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Only watches i have truly loved were the candy sweet ones. The only watch that never had its strap break on me and the way you could fire segments across a room at a miscreant was timeless fun.

Soul_Less

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Greubel Forsey GMT Quadruple Tourbillon: It's not a watch I particularly aspire to own but it's an incredible piece of horological engineering.

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Tourbillon: From a personal perspective (and somewhat of a grail piece) I would go for the Vacheron if money was no object.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The only watch I have any fondness for was my very first watch. Starting primary school, I could tell the time. It had a blue strap, I think it was a Timex, but I'm not sure because memory plays tricks. But who wears a watch these days? Your phone tells the time. So many things are now redundant, cameras, calculators, alarm clocks flashlights, sat navs etc But collecting watches as a hobby? yes, I get that.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
But who wears a watch these days?

Only anybody with any style or class. That's who. I am really surprised that you asked such a naive question.
I have come to learn that you can NEVER beat anything that is dedicated, singularly, to its purpose. That's why phones are so inadequate in so many ways. At best, they are simply mobile phones.
Watches are multi-functional, however, and can be easily accessed by a simple turn of the wrist and buttons. Not so the irksome, slippery phone et al.

Manorgasmian

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
But surely you have to concede that the ruler,watch,calculator was the pinnacle of human evolution?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
The time piece featured above (EBAY.) is an extremely limited edition. 88 pieces.

Solid 18 Carat Gold case.

Price?....£27,000.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I have never felt the need for a Watch ,

My Phone , Car etc all show me the time ,

Plus the straps annoy me.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Watches are multi-functional, however, and can be easily accessed by a simple turn of the wrist
Don't do that whilst you've got a glass of wine in your hand. :)
I have come to learn that you can NEVER beat anything that is dedicated, singularly, to its purpose. That's why phones are so inadequate in so many ways. At best, they are simply mobile phones.

Obviously a 'jack of all' can never be better than a 'master of one', but that's all a watch is good for - telling the time.Though actually, it's more use as a piece of jewellery. Do you also possess a video camera, a calculator, an alarm clock, a torch and all the other things a phone can do? You may very well own such items, but I'll wager you don't carry them all around with you. That's the convenience of a mobile phone, it does the lot.
However I'll accept the possibility that i'm wrong, and that it IS a great inconvenience to have to look at your phone to see the time. :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Don't do that whilst you've got a glass of wine in your hand. :)

Obviously a 'jack of all' can never be better than a 'master of one', but that's all a watch is good for - telling the time.Though actually, it's more use as a piece of jewellery. Do you also possess a video camera, a calculator, an alarm clock, a torch and all the other things a phone can do? You may very well own such items, but I'll wager you don't carry them all around with you. That's the convenience of a mobile phone, it does the lot.
However I'll accept the possibility that i'm wrong, and that it IS a great inconvenience to have to look at your phone to see the time. :rolleyes:

Thank you for confirming what I already stated. I do possess all of the above and I use them in the specific circumstances for which they were designed.
That way I know I am going to get optimum results and not anywhere near second best.
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to achieve the best outcome.
:cool:
P.S. You're more likely to damage a phone when you drop it than you will a watch AND they are more resistant to spilt wine or other liquids.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I just wear a chunky G-Shock. Robust, reliable, waterproof, and never go completely out of fashion. ;)

Roger W Smith must be up there among the world's best watchmakers. All handmade completely from scratch and so each one is slightly different and a mammoth waiting list to get your hands on one. Beautiful watches and works of art in their own right.

Attachments

• great-britain.png
    great-britain.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 1
Back