Anti-Russian hysteria

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If you were thinking of going to the ballet - hard luck! In solidarity with Ukraine, the performances of Swan Lake have been cancelled. Actually, anything to do
with Tchaikovsky is a no no. Russian dogs are banned from Crufts, i'm also led to believe The International Cat Federation has banned Russian cats from competing in their shows. :rolleyes: If you haven't already read novels like Crime and Punishment or Doctor Zhivago, I'd hurry up and do so, because they'll be next on the solidarity hit list and removed from libraries. A young Russian driver has been kicked out of F1. The ordinary little people will be next...
It's Putin we should be targeting, not the Russian people or their culture.

S

Saphire

As has been said so many times, by people who know more than we do, many Russian and Ukraine's are brothers/sisters in spirit, they don't want to be fighting each other.
The ordinary soldiers had no idea that they were going into war, it's obvious they were and are being brainwashed by false news and limited access to unbiased reports.
It's almost as big a tragedy for the Russian people as it is for the Ukrainians.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Wurzels to release new version of ‘I’ve got a brand new combine harvester’

titled ‘I’ve got a brand new Russian T-80U’

drunk.jpg

Somerset band the Wurzels are to re-release their biggest hit with changes to reflect current developments in Ukrainian agriculture, according to reports this morning.

Ukrainian farmers have reported a bumper harvest of Russian military equipment this year, which they expect will come in very handy clearing out an infestation of varmints on their property in the coming months, and the band say it’s important to keep up with what’s going on on the land.

“Combine harvesters were all very well in the 1970s when we topped the hit parade, but what the modern farmer really needs is an ML-TB amphibious troop carrier which has been left idling when its owners gave up and ran away,” said a spokesman for the band.

“Of course, the main focus of the song is still a farmer wooing his neighbour who is similarly well-endowed, so the chorus will reflect that:

“Now I’ve got a brand new Russian T-80U
I’ll give you the key
I’ve got forty missiles,
And you’ve got a 9K-33.

“Anyone for a scrumpy and Vodka?”

via ~ DailyDoSvidaniya

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Terrible times demand drastic measures. This is a way for the whole world to show Putin that what he's done will not be tolerated. If that means the Russian people suffer, well, that's down to their leader. And down to them to knock him off his perch. The only way to get rid of him might be to take him out from the inside.

S

Saphire

The Russian government have totally lost the plot.
I am beginning to think they will stop at nothing to try to not lose face.
Their lies are getting more ludicrous by the day....both to their own people, and to the rest of the world.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
As has been said so many times, by people who know more than we do, many Russian and Ukraine's are brothers/sisters in spirit, they don't want to be fighting each other.
The ordinary soldiers had no idea that they were going into war, it's obvious they were and are being brainwashed by false news and limited access to unbiased reports.
It's almost as big a tragedy for the Russian people as it is for the Ukrainians.
This video has just emerged.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's not just the ordinary Russian little people this is affecting, just look what's happening to Chelsea. Now that the club's assets have been frozen the fans can't even buy tickets to go to the game . And I have no doubts other football fans will be singing "Stamford Bridge is falling down, falling down..." :rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's not just the ordinary Russian little people this is affecting, just look what's happening to Chelsea. Now that the club's assets have been frozen the fans can't even buy tickets to go to the game . And I have no doubts other football fans will be singing "Stamford Bridge is falling down, falling down..." :rolleyes:

Wow, how important.
While the future of nations are being decided.
While the west is being tested because of it's abject failures and dare I say it war crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.
You have to chuckle, we have invaded or bombed back to the stone age 3 countries for profit.
Yet Russia does what it said it would do back in 2008, not accept NATO on it's borders.
Bless Zelensky, he quoted Churchill to the UK, the quoted MLK to the Americans both to rapturous applause, but when he compared the "Ukrainian Struggle" to the Holocaust in Isreal they went "Huh, what", you cant be serious.
People tend to forget that Russia lost 20-25 million people in WW2, more than all the other nations combined, due to European aggression.
Ukraine has had for a long time a major right wing problem in both the political and military arms of thier state.
Then Zelensky says "Ukraine will pursue its own nuclear weapons program".
Hello, anyone remember Cuba?

There is one undeniable truth about this situation, Putin needs to be removed.

Really, this again.
If someone takes out Putin the military will take over.
Putin has so far ordered troops not to just bomb the crap out of pockets of resistance.
Thats why most Western experts are confused, he hasnt got air dominence, they dont need it.
Russia has possibly the best anti aircraft missile system in the S400, thats why there can't be a no-fly zone.
Ukraine has always been seen by the Russian military as the gateway into Russia.
The land between the mountainous regions to the south and the coast limit NATO's offensive power, but if Ukraine joins NATO or the EU, then the front becomes undefendable.

The situation on the ground is that Russia has enveloped most of Ukraines forces and are holding them in place in urban areas.
The Wests response will be to supply the Ukrainians with weapons.

What this does is bleed the Russians, they think if they bleed them enough then someone will oust Putin.
It's idiotic.

Basically we will "Fight till the last Ukrainian" just so we can see Russia lose.
Which is bloody stupid.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
No replies?

Damn thought someone would at least question some of that.
Ah well.

C

CrazyCatLady

What happens to Smirnoff? Will we still be a able to get that?
I need an answer to the most important question, goddamnit!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What happens to Smirnoff? Will we still be a able to get that?
I need an answer to the most important question, goddamnit!

Smirnoff is the Wests production of the original Smirnov, you should be OK ;)
It now produced in Britain and several other countries by Diageo, a British company :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Even though nominations have closed, there's a campaign to get Zelensky the Nobel Peace prize. :rolleyes: The words 'mass hysteria' spring to mind. :)

M

MrCatSpit

It's sad but someone has to win this war. Score draws are rare. So people will pro this, anti that. Russ and Uki aren't as close as you'd think btw. Emnity goes back centuries. They have a sort of England-France thing going on. It's true though, England and France were "close" to politically merging into one nation during (1940) and after (1950) WW2. Battered ortolan back on the menu?

M

MrCatSpit

Yet many Ukrainians are supporters of Putin, even now. Many still speak Russian.

That's right yes, i think the area of eastern ukraine was once known as the dziem polka (sp.?) or wild fields? That was a wild place of free movement. Ukraine means "borderland" so that says a lot about cultural fluidity in the area.

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Youve got a couple of issues with whats going on..................shale gas underneath the 3 states that want to be out of ukraine and not only that, by allowing them to leave cuts off Ukraine from accessing their share of the shale gas from the 3 states aswell as limiting their access underneath the black sea. Youve also got the issue that 99 percent of the people in the 3 states are ethnic russians. Youve also got an issue with western investment in the same energy companies that operate within Ukraine. Youve then got Israel who will quite happily start routing energy via turkey and greece but need to be frriends with Russia because of their influence in Syria. The ukraine access to to the Shale allows them to not heavily rely on Russia and its neighbouring states. What irks me the most about the whole thing is the existing hardships on the ethnic russians, the ukrainian civilians who are being used by the energy companies and the drumming up of unwavering media support for the Ukrainian state while they turned a blind eye to how they treat the ethnic russians and the roma community

Back