Announce your pronoun!

C

CrazyCatLady

In line with diversity policies, many companies are now requesting their employees to announce their pronouns at the bottom of emails, in order to stop misgendering. Where I work and many agencies that I liaise with now have a short line beneath their name, letting the reader know whether they are a her, him or they and whether to use hers, his or theirs in reference.
I've gone for 'It' and 'It's'- just because I can. None of the f****ers can get my name right anyway- I have no hope of them reading the pronouns!

So, have you succumbed to this policy in your workplace? And if so, what are your preferred pronouns? If not (or you don't work), what is the silliest description for your gender you can think of in one line?

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'd rather flick an angry lion's balls wearing pork chop panties than declare my 'pronouns'. If people can't figure out who or what I am, that's their problem. I don't run with the herd. I don't subscribe to the hive. I would uphold my right to reject woke madness.

C

CrazyCatLady

I'd rather flick an angry lion's balls wearing pork chop panties than declare my 'pronouns'. If people can't figure out who or what I am, that's their problem. I don't run with the herd. I don't subscribe to the hive. I would uphold my right to reject woke madness.

Lmao. So funny!

C

CrazyCatLady

I sometimes have the urge to do a full sentence description of myself (seeing as they seem to want us to label ourselves with something). Something along the lines of 'Known as 'It' or 'Oi'; runs a cattery and no longer lists sex as anything- let alone a description. Please call me by my first name- not my surname.'

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Nobody who doesn't know me well ever spells my name correctly in real life. Do I throw a hissy fit? Am I even bothered? Perhaps I should enter a passionate diatribe under 'List your Pronouns' along the lines of "And by the way, my name is xxxxxx. Yes, that's right. Three e's and one fucking i, not two. It's not pronounced xxxx and it doesn't rhyme with xxxx. It's xxxxx. Got it? Keep it up and I'll sue for anxiety and stress. Be aware of my triggers. Still want to know my pronouns? Thought not. Now, **** off."

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ban all pronouns completely! Would make the English language much easier... ...
Should keep dogs—fine animals—dog of my own once—pointer—surprising instinct—out shooting one day—entering enclosure—whistled—dog stopped—whistled again—Ponto—no go; stock still—called him—Ponto, Ponto—wouldn’t move—dog transfixed—staring at a board—looked up, saw an inscription—“Gamekeeper has orders to shoot all dogs found in this enclosure”—wouldn’t pass—wonderful dog—valuable dog—very.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
And, in return, I shall call you Catpiss Evergeek ...

C

CrazyCatLady

And, in return, I shall call you Catpiss Evergeek ...
Evergeek? Lmao. Okay, I'll take that (For a moment, I thought that said Evercreek and I have committed to more yoga, so that wouldn't be relevant for long).

And Catpiss? We're not doing this again! The trays are clean, incense burning- that aroma is actually good quality sativa. Unfortunately, it occasionally has that cat piss smell about it.....

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Evergeek? Lmao. Okay, I'll take that (For a moment, I thought that said Evercreek and I have committed to more yoga, so that wouldn't be relevant for long).

And Catpiss? We're not doing this again! The trays are clean, incense burning- that aroma is actually good quality sativa. Unfortunately, it occasionally has that cat piss smell about it.....
Did you think I would take your insult lying down? Au contraire, I will have the last word on the matter. :cool:

C

CrazyCatLady

Did you think I would take your insult lying down? Au contraire, I will have the last word on the matter. :cool:
Okay, Sir Pee- I will let you ;)
But can I have the last Ferrero Rocher? It'll go nicely with cup of coffee.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Okay, Sir Pee- I will let you ;)
But can I have the last Ferrero Rocher? It'll go nicely with cup of coffee.
I had deemed you reasonably levelheaded until you mentioned Ferrero Rocher.
Don't waste your money on extravagantly, expensive chocolate wafer balls. Have a break. Have a KitKat.
I bet you drink either Mellow Bird's or Camp coffee as well.
;)
P.S. I hope you didn't mind my little joke about me calling you by another name. I was being horrible to you. I won't mention it again.

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
i find a verbal pronoun offensive, i much prefer a visual hand movement in line with my personal preference as a pronoun, either by a gif or a meme, a one such as putting vinegar on chips, or the pretence of having a alligator sock puppet on ones hand or stirring cake mixture or flicking the player in a game of subbuteo

C

CrazyCatLady

I had deemed you reasonably levelheaded until you mentioned Ferrero Rocher.
Don't waste your money on extravagantly, expensive chocolate wafer balls. Have a break. Have a KitKat.
I bet you drink either Mellow Bird's or Camp coffee as well.
;)
P.S. I hope you didn't mind my little joke about me calling you by another name. I was being horrible to you. I won't mention it again.

Nah, you can't beat licking the interior of one of those extravagant balls and nibbling on the nutty bits.

Pfft at Mellow Birds! That's for Millennials that can't handle caffeine. I can only imagine that's what cat's p!ss tastes like. I like a nice percolated, but going for instant I'm not a snob, Nescafe is okay (get a little too hyper on that though) or Kenco. Morrisons own brand isn't too bad either.

P.S. You're off the hook ;) When an individual is their own worst enemy, no name matters more than what they give themselves. More people should learn to be their own worst enemy- it ensures protection from others wanting the place. If you know what I mean and I'm sure you do.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Not many can pronounce my Polish surname right, so how about getting that right before attempting to virtue signal and starting up with these silly little games that even they don't believe in, and It's just based on company image lol. Perhaps I'll scare them by taking out my "Xenophobia" card, or whatever that's supposed to mean.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Boeing AH-64 Apache.
Simply because of the memes.

gender-pronouns.jpg

Plus DCS are releasing the sim next month, very excited :)

Back