...and the word was God, or a god?

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
I'm not referring to the concept of levelling up in a game or stating this as my belief but consider the law of entropy, it states that in a closed system the total entropy, or disorder of the system will always increase over time
in the context of reincarnation this could be interpreted as reflecting that the soul undergoes a process of growth and learning through multiple lifetimes.. leading to increased complexity and order over time
then theres the first law, AKA the law of energy conservation, stating that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed from one form to another......regarding reincarnation this can be seen as support for the idea that the energy of a persons soul or consciousness continues to exist after death and is reincarnated into a new physical form
Im aware science and spirituality operate under different frameworks and assumptions im just shooting ideas as if as @ladymuck stated, if soul/consciousness/spirit is NRG it cannot be destroyed but only transformed..
then there's the concept of karma suggesting that individuals actions have consequences that may affect their future lives or reincarnations, keeping an open mind the entropy of a closed system that tends to increase, leading to a state of disorder and equilibrium may be seen as reflecting the idea of karmic consequences, I know it's a stretch :D
No worries. Thanks for your thoughts on that matter.

According to the Scriptures, the soul - albeit, it has a couple of slightly different descriptions - is us. The individual. (Genesis 2:7)

Both humans and animals are souls. (Genesis 1:20)

The soul lives and also dies. (Ezekiel 18:4)

The spirit, on the other hand, is different. It can be compared to the electricity that runs a toaster, yet can also run a TV, or a fan.

Here are some scriptures showing it as such.

Ecclesiastes 3:18-22

Psalm 146:3-4

Ecclesiastes 12:7

I'm not sure, but you might be surprised that the Bible has such teachings in it.

So, in harmony with your thoughts on energy conservation, the spirit is a force that goes back to the powerstation, as such.

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Yet, those laws of thermodynamics are restricted to a contained environment. But how do you see reincarnation as being related?
We cannot be destroyed. After death, our bodies are transformed into its basic components, and our spirits are temporarily moved to another dimension. When we are ready, we are born again into a new body.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh both of you're wrong !!!

"The adult human brain runs continuously, whether awake or sleeping, on only about 12 watts of power."

Now when we die, all that electricity goes somewhere. Maybe we turn into static electricity and become bolts of lightning. Other say we become part of the electromagnetic field that's arounds the planet.

I'd to think I will become part of a battery that powers a sex toy :cool:

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
We cannot be destroyed. After death, our bodies are transformed into its basic components, and our spirits are temporarily moved to another dimension. When we are ready, we are born again into a new body.
Can you show me on what basis you believe this please.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Oh both of you're wrong !!!

"The adult human brain runs continuously, whether awake or sleeping, on only about 12 watts of power."

Now when we die, all that electricity goes somewhere. Maybe we turn into static electricity and become bolts of lightning. Other say we become part of the electromagnetic field that's arounds the planet.

I'd to think I will become part of a battery that powers a sex toy :cool:

Nah the energy dissipates as one dies.
Usually being used to attempt to keep the body alive.
Or afterwards when fingernails still grow, we still have some brain activity, we pee, poo and digest even after death.
Skin cells still grow for a certain time and sometimes one can get an erection or ejaculate after death.

Energy gets used up locally, sorry. :p

Bear in mind that the body uses a lot more or less energy dependent on the situation it finds itself in.
When I was in engineering as a draughy it was all mental energy, but when on the shop floor it was physical.
I was actually more tired after I finished my apprenticeship doing the mental work than I ever was doing the physical.

That was just me, I could have been fitter and hence had a better stamina for physical work.
Was simply a point that it differs from person to person.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Energy gets used up locally, sorry. :p

The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed - only converted from one form of energy to another. This means that a system always has the same amount of energy, unless it's added from the outside.

In life, the human body comprises matter and energy. That energy is both electrical (impulses and signals) and chemical (reactions). The same can be said about plants, which are powered by photosynthesis, a process that allows them to generate energy from sunlight.

Its mind blowing when you think about it o_O

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed - only converted from one form of energy to another. This means that a system always has the same amount of energy, unless it's added from the outside.

In life, the human body comprises matter and energy. That energy is both electrical (impulses and signals) and chemical (reactions). The same can be said about plants, which are powered by photosynthesis, a process that allows them to generate energy from sunlight.

Its mind blowing when you think about it o_O

Didn't I just say that.
Honestly..

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Naaa you said:

Energy gets used up locally

Not the same thing at all :cool:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ok, explain it to me like I'm 8.
The body continues doing what it is programed to do after death until it runs out of energy.
The energy it expends is spent on all the things I mentioned before.

It changes form.
It becomes potential energy from the burning of a corpse for example or the creation of gas within the body.
It is self contained within the conduits it inhabits.

Much as a leaf passes energy to a branch, then a trunk.

Energy changes form between potential and kinetic.
To continue growing fingernails is kenetic, energy being used.
Potential energy is released if one burns those fingernails, they release kenetic energy.

Same with a tree, the energy is potential while it is self contained and kenetic if released by burning it.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Errrr :rolleyes:

Your perspective touches upon some scientific concepts related to energy and the human body. When a person dies, the body undergoes various processes, including decomposition. During decomposition, the body's stored energy is gradually released and utilized by microorganisms and chemical reactions. This energy is indeed transformed from potential to kinetic forms.

For example, the breakdown of organic matter releases heat energy, contributing to the overall temperature of the surroundings. The production of gases such as methane and carbon dioxide during decomposition represents another form of energy release.

Your analogy of energy transfer from a leaf to a branch and then to a trunk illustrates the concept of energy flow within biological systems, highlighting the interconnectedness of various components. Similarly, energy within the human body is transferred and transformed through metabolic processes, even after death.

Overall, your explanation aligns with scientific principles regarding energy conservation and transformation, illustrating how these concepts apply to biological systems like the human body.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Lol, arguing with a Simple AI Bot, now that is right up there with the most STUPID acts ever witnessed. :D

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Lol, arguing with a Simple AI Bot, now that is right up there with the most STUPID acts ever witnessed. :D
You replied to the post.

Plus, debating an AI, why not, they have to learn to.

Ai is usually open to learning, unlike most people.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

I'm not a physicist, let alone a scientist of any kind.

The bot is better at answering questions like this :cool:

Back