A riddle no one can solve but "the one"

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
A man is walking down a random street , not different to any street you get in todays english towns and cities. Houses side by side on either side be side the seaside, be side the sea. Yerss I forgot to mention its a coastal street of a coastal town. the riddle is this: which side of the street are you on ?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Now this is why i'm useless at lateral thinking. I just thought it was a play on words...The riddle tells us "A man is walking down a random street". Then asks the Q "which side of the street are you on" ?

My answer would have been - I'm not on any side of the street.
Because i'm sitting here writing this, so you see why i'm no good at this sort of thing. :(

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Now this is why i'm useless at lateral thinking. I just thought it was a play on words...The riddle tells us "A man is walking down a random street". Then asks the Q "which side of the street are you on" ?

Because i'm sitting here writing this, so you see why i'm no good at this sort of thing. :(
Youre right. It's a trick question designed to make you think, the less you think the easier it is to find the answer. Hail the Chosen one!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

The side of the street you are on is dependent on which side of the street you are viewing it from.
I can walk so I can be on either side of the street from my subjective perception.
So.. as I write this I am on the left side of the street, because thats where my front door is on the street as I found it last time I walked.

However, if I walked past my house, then turned round and walked back to it, it would be on the right.

So the initial riddle, a "Man" you got, but the actual answer, depends on which side ot the street your are on by ones own perception does it not?

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
The side of the street you are on is dependent on which side of the street you are viewing it from.
I can walk so I can be on either side of the street from my subjective perception.
So.. as I write this I am on the left side of the street, because thats where my front door is on the street as I found it last time I walked.

However, if I walked past my house, then turned round and walked back to it, it would be on the right.

So the initial riddle, a "Man" you got, but the actual answer, depends on which side ot the street your are on by ones own perception does it not?
If answering from the perspective of a woman, you would be on neither side, in fact you wouldn't be there at all. The riddle addresses a man.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Two real-life riddles spring to mind, firstly the Mary Celeste, and secondly the Dyatlov Pass incident.
To me it seems the answers are staring us in the face, but I seem to be the only one who's come up with a plausible solution..:)
Anybody else want to have a crack at it?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A man is walking down a random street , not different to any street you get in todays english towns and cities. Houses side by side on either side be side the seaside, be side the sea. Yerss I forgot to mention its a coastal street of a coastal town. the riddle is this: which side of the street are you on ?

The downhill one.

Back