A fishy dish?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
M. Macron has, at the last minute, placed new requirements
before the Brexit negotiators. He demands entry to our fishing grounds. Does he also want to come over to take our potatoes, apples et al?
The French have never liked us...not since Agincourt!

Boris has a plan
He's selling it, like fish;
Will he get it through?
I wish.

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We're going to an awful lot of trouble just to secure our fishing rights.. . . more people are employed by Debenhams than in the whole of the fishing industry. :rolleyes: I see the BBC has replaced the word "fishermen" with the gender neutral term "fisherpeople". The world's gone mad, mad i say!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We're going to an awful lot of trouble just to secure our fishing rights.. . . more people are employed by Debenhams than in the whole of the fishing industry. :rolleyes: I see the BBC has replaced the word "fishermen" with the gender neutral term "fisherpeople". The world's gone mad, mad i say!

I think fisherfolk is a coming term.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
...And, about fifty years ago Ted Heath, PM of the time, gave our fishing waters away in order to secure our entry to the ECM.
Which is why we have so few 'fisherfolk' today.;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
...And, about fifty years ago Ted Heath, PM of the time, gave our fishing waters away in order to secure our entry to the ECM.
Which is why we have so few 'fisherfolk' today.;)
You must be old enough to remember the cod war with Iceland (the country not the shop!) I foresee a similar thing with France.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You must be old enough to remember the cod war with Iceland (the country not the shop!) I foresee a similar thing with France.
Right. We gave away that one...let's hope Boris does better this time with the Euros. :oops:

B

Bad_Influence

Well at least now we will be allowed to fish our own waters, without earning the wrath of Brussels.

Back