A few folk have an appreciably great deal of time with nothing better to do

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm talking about the google combatants, the ones swamping the forum. You will never get another google'er to change their mind and come round to your point of view, no matter how deeply you search the internet to counter their latest argument. So why bother!? It's just a waste of time, and yes, I know it's your time to waste, but the forum is getting flooded and other threads don't get a chance. Some probably don't even get started, thinking what's the point? Once it disappears from the 'new posts' box on the main page - it'll be in the twilight zone where few chatters venture to look.
That's my whinge for the day.
Any other other moans? feel free to sound off. ..

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I'm talking about the google combatants, the ones swamping the forum. You will never get another google'er to change their mind and come round to your point of view, no matter how deeply you search the internet to counter their latest argument. So why bother!? It's just a waste of time, and yes, I know it's your time to waste, but the forum is getting flooded and other threads don't get a chance. Some probably don't even get started, thinking what's the point? Once it disappears from the 'new posts' box on the main page - it'll be in the twilight zone where few chatters venture to look.
That's my whinge for the day.
Any other other moans? feel free to sound off. ..

How sad for you .I started a new thread back a bit and it was famously closed before even 1 page was filled with posts :).
Surely you know that there are "cliques" on forums ,same as in chatrooms ?.They keep some threads alive by "likeing" everything the poster writes :).

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It's not the 'like' that keeps the thread alive, but the fact that people keep posting on it.
Oh how clever you are . Likes do keep the threads alive up to a point though, especially where cliques are concerned :)

Back