‘You can’t say anything these days’.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score

‘You can’t say anything these days’ says man who says exactly what he thinks every single day.​

A 59-year-old man from Basingstoke has claimed that his right to free speech is being curtailed in a world overrun by ‘liberal woke lefties’, despite being perfectly comfortable expressing whatever opinion comes into his head, to anyone, at any time. Including to total strangers at bus stops and in the Post Office queue.

Dave Pile made the comment in response to a chorus of disapproval on his Facebook page when he suggested that people who want to claim benefits should be neutered.

When he realised the post was being widely condemned and even his own niece felt compelled to comment and ask him to take it down, he angrily declared that “you can’t say anything these days.”

His niece, 23-year-old Sociology and Politics student Ivy-May Pile said, “When I pointed out that he has just said whatever he likes openly and without any fear of persecution or serious consequences – which means his freedom of speech is entirely intact – he got even more pissed off.

“My uncle seems to think that people not liking what he has to say is the same as not being allowed to say it…. even though he does say it, and keeps saying it, to anyone who will listen. And to some of those who won’t. Usually, delivery drivers from DHL who he thinks are all German, who he doesn't like.“

Dave's long-suffering next-door neighbour Derek agrees, “Dave keeps banging on about not having freedom of speech – but somehow we are all aware of his opinions on literally everything – from immigration and trans rights to Gregg’s vegan sausage rolls. Don't even challenge his views about woke lefties, last time he angrily disappeared into his cellar and refused to come out for a week until his wife apologized. Then he spent the next month moaning about why he hates woke lefties.“

“For someone who supposedly can’t say anything these days, he sure does say an awful lot.”

Last edited:

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
:D

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

‘You can’t say anything these days’ says man who says exactly what he thinks every single day.​

A 59-year-old man from Basingstoke has claimed that his right to free speech is being curtailed in a world overrun by ‘liberal woke lefties’, despite being perfectly comfortable expressing whatever opinion comes into his head, to anyone, at any time. Including to total strangers at bus stops and in the Post Office queue.

Dave Pile made the comment in response to a chorus of disapproval on his Facebook page when he suggested that people who want to claim benefits should be neutered.

When he realised the post was being widely condemned and even his own niece felt compelled to comment and ask him to take it down, he angrily declared that “you can’t say anything these days.”

His niece, 23-year-old Sociology and Politics student Ivy-May Pile said, “When I pointed out that he has just said whatever he likes openly and without any fear of persecution or serious consequences – which means his freedom of speech is entirely intact – he got even more pissed off.

“My uncle seems to think that people not liking what he has to say is the same as not being allowed to say it…. even though he does say it, and keeps saying it, to anyone who will listen. And to some of those who won’t. Usually, delivery drivers from DHL who he thinks are all German, who he doesn't like.“

Dave's long-suffering next-door neighbour Derek agrees, “Dave keeps banging on about not having freedom of speech – but somehow we are all aware of his opinions on literally everything – from immigration and trans rights to Gregg’s vegan sausage rolls. Don't even challenge his views about woke lefties, last time he angrily disappeared into his cellar and refused to come out for a week until his wife apologized. Then he spent the next month moaning about why he hates woke lefties.“

“For someone who supposedly can’t say anything these days, he sure does say an awful lot.”
Damn those 'liberal, woke lefties'!

9-Putin-Laughing-Gif.gif

Back