Movies watched , reviewed and rated ➳ ➳ ➳

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I watched 'The Lone Ranger' on BBC last night, I've seen it before but I do love this movie. I'm not a great fan of Johnny Depp but he was brilliant in this. It won't be to everyone's taste, what with it being two and a half hours long, but the last 20 mins of the film were amazing. There's very little CGI, which makes a pleasant change. The horse jumping onto the moving train, clearly was computer generated.
Thankfully, movies have come a long way regarding animal safety since 'The charge of the light brigade' when 25 horses were killed filming the charge.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I watched 'The Lone Ranger' on BBC last night, I've seen it before but I do love this movie. I'm not a great fan of Johnny Depp but he was brilliant in this. It won't be to everyone's taste, what with it being two and a half hours long, but the last 20 mins of the film were amazing. There's very little CGI, which makes a pleasant change. The horse jumping onto the moving train, clearly was computer generated.
Thankfully, movies have come a long way regarding animal safety since 'The charge of the light brigade' when 25 horses were killed filming the charge.

The Lone Ranger (2013) - IMDb - Free Chat Rooms

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Wonder Woman 1984
I watched the latest 'Wonder Woman' movie yesterday. It was ok but not as good as I thought it would be, and at two and a half hours it was way too long. Best thing in it was Kristin Wiig, she was fantastic, stole the show.
7/10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yeah, The Hurt Locker, overall I liked this movie. But for me it wasn't very realistic, then again, It wasn't supposed to be a documentary so I accepted it for what it was - an enjoyable romp. Though I was surprised it won the Oscar for Best Picture.

I've never come across "the Lincoln Lawyer" I'll look out for it. So many good films must pass you by. Like, I'd never seen " No country for old men" till the other day, What a fantastic movie that it.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
We Bought a Zoo ....

We Bought a Zoo (2011) - IMDb - Free Chat Rooms

I just watched this and it was a wonderful movie ,

I have watched a few Matt Damon movies this week , So i went Elysium , The Great Wall and now this ,

Such a fab movie and Scarlett Johansson is utterly adorable in this role ,

8.5/10

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
still is a Zoo, dont like.

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The Changeling (1980)
After the dead of his wife and daughter in a car crash, a music professor staying at an old mansion is dragged into a decades-old mistery.

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The Changeling (1980)
After the dead of his wife and daughter in a car crash, a music professor staying at an old mansion is dragged into a decades-old mistery.
I find this movie, heartbreaking...

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Changeling(2008)
After Christine's only son goes missing,she reaches out to the LAPD to help her find him. They find a boyfitting her son's discription five months later, but she insists that he is not her son.

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Changeling(2008)
After Christine's only son goes missing,she reaches out to the LAPD to help her find him. They find a boyfitting her son's discription five months later, but she insists that he is not her son.
Great movie, not boring and good music

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Tenet
This is a calamity of a movie. At no point did I know what the heck was going on. I'm told you need to watch it a few times to really appreciate it, but no movie should require multiple views to enjoy its content, so I think i'll pass on that. It's already had two and a half hours of my life that I'm never going to get back.
2/10

JennyFleck

Inconsistently Consistent
Reaction score
Promising Young Woman.
I loved this. Current and relatable, this absolute banger of a film is beautifully shot, with another brilliant performance from Carey Mulligan. The soundtrack is fun, the message is clear... don't **** with us... 8.5 outta 10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The Florida Project -

Something a bit different , i really got into this and i enjoyed it a lot , 7.5/10

Set over one summer, the film follows precocious six-year-old Moonee as she courts mischief and adventure with her ragtag playmates and bonds with her rebellious but caring mother, all while living in the shadows of Walt Disney World.

Director:​

Sean Baker

Writers:​

Sean Baker, Chris Bergoch

Stars:​

Brooklynn Prince, Bria Vinaite, Willem Dafoe

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Promising Young Woman.
I loved this. Current and relatable, this absolute banger of a film is beautifully shot, with another brilliant performance from Carey Mulligan. The soundtrack is fun, the message is clear... don't **** with us... 8.5 outta 10

I must try and catch this, I love Carey Mulligan, she's done well for herself since appearing in the 'Blink' episode of Dr Who.

Back