Favourite flavours and smell...

Rainbow

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have currently lost my sense of taste and smell due to Covid 19. It has, surprised me just how much we take our, senses for granted so I wondered what, are your favourite flavours and smell?
I love so many thins but at present I would like to enjoy a cup of tea again.
Smell wise I am missing a the cooking smells..... Over to you.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Might I
I have currently lost my sense of taste and smell due to Covid 19. It has, surprised me just how much we take our, senses for granted so I wondered what, are your favourite flavours and smell?
I love so many thins but at present I would like to enjoy a cup of tea again.
Smell wise I am missing a the cooking smells..... Over to you.

It is hardly surprising that food provides the most alluring smells. Of the most appealing to me are:
Freshly baked bread; freshly-brewed coffee; an Indian curry; fried onions; strawberries and Marmite.
Ok, so I lied about the Marmite. ;)
Pleasing non-food aromas would be things like flowers (e.g. freesias, jasmine, roses, honeysuckle and lavender), natural oils such as those used in perfumes, SOME perfumes (colognes and eau de toilettes), and one that I'm sure many humans will agree on: natural body odour.

Loss of the sense of smell and taste, anosmia, is surely one of the worst sensory losses, even if it is not one of the most problematic.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My sense of smell isn't very good, which can be an advantage when you're standing next to some smelly tramp in the post office, so I wonder if I'd miss it if i lost it completely? As for taste, I eat all the wrong things, ready meals, stodgy stuff. You certainly couldn't call me an epicurean.
Loss of the sense of smell and taste, anosmia, is surely one of the worst sensory losses, even if it is not one of the most problematic.
I remember someone once saying to me they'd rather be blind than deaf, because if you're deaf it's hard to communicate, I just thought you silly man. There is nothing as precious as sight.

Rainbow

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh big yes to fried onions and fried garlic mmmmm.
Very much agree on the flowers as well freesia are my favourite scented flower and the heady scent of a large jasmine on summer nights transports my mind to wild and exotic places. I used to love new mown grass until I spent some time in the TA and found out some nerve agents smell like it
Two smells I would love to capture are petrichor - rain on hot earth, and the scent of ozone and the fresh sea air.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Coffee ....
Petrol .....

<3

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Aniseed...You can't mistake it for anything else.

Also the exhaust smell of a Two Stroke Motorbike....That smell to me is like revving up the nasal passages. :)

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Oh big yes to fried onions and fried garlic mmmmm./QUOTE]

Got to agree with you on garlic being fried, especially in an exotic location. Doubles the pleasure! :)

Rainbow

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
For heaven's sake guys! How on earth have you turned this thread I to a battle ground?
Go find a different place to play please.

Now to bring this back on track, I am happy to say some sense if taste, and smell is returning and, I am currently enjoying a up of peppermint tea.

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
For heaven's sake guys! How on earth have you turned this thread I to a battle ground?
Go find a different place to play please.

Now to bring this back on track, I am happy to say some sense if taste, and smell is returning and, I am currently enjoying a up of peppermint tea.

Iv helped get it back on track ;-)

Feel well soon x

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
freshly ground coffee . wet saw dust [stems from doing woodwork at sec school]
Pear drop sweets, and roast beef cooking. mmmmm

get well soon.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I just love the smell of brut aftershave.
Got pulled by some customs agents couple of years ago,
When they opened my toilet bag, one said to the other, no way john, this blokes got brut!
They both started laughing, which is fair enough, then i said you looking for contrabrand? or doing a survey on mens aftershave.
That shut them up and they turned me loose.
I also like the smell of creosote.
Taste, right, im again going for a cultured pick, off anything off the 3 for a tenner selection on the wetherspoons menu.

Rainbow

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Omg I had forgotten Brut ever existed... My brother used to bathe in that stuff lol.
Old Spice reminds me of my Dad, and Devon Violets my Mum.
I like the smell of Jeyes fluid
Just had and Irish Coffee.... It tasted fab... Yippee!

Thanks for the get well wishes, definitely moving 8n the right direction

MrPaperclip

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I used to fire juggle alot and ever since then I've found paraffin oddly soothing, that and freshly cleaned bed sheets washed with lavender fabric softener!

GirlOnCall

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
A nice cuppa tea and a custard cream biccie
my fav smell is probably... snow fairy from lush

S

Steven56

The smell of popcorn as it's popping, the aroma of coffee as it's brewing.

Back