Do you believe in love at first sight?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Human genes are Selfish.

Right down in YOUR genome there is a Gene that will stop you from getting ill...Right down in YOUR GENOME is a gene that will stop you from getting Cancer...!

Love has nothing to do with the evolution of Humans.

There is No LOVE GENE....!

Love is a fallacy that Humans have created.

Nothing more nothing less. I'm sorry but that's the truth. :)

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Love is a figment of your imagination. Give it a few more years for those zombies still alive after the initiation of the new fantastic "you will own nothing and be happy" new world the word "love" will be completely eradicated.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I believe in love at first sight, when I first laid eyes on my child I knew it was unconditional, unquestionable love :).

in a relationship context - it depends on the person and the choices they make.

having read this post in its entirety - I think a lot of people here could do with loving themselves a little more. Xxxx

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

When you listen to Cilla Black now you realise what a dreadfully raucous and shrill voice she really had.
This song alone demonstrates that. Listen to the original version by Dionne Warwick, or even Dusty Springfield's, and you'll understand why I take this point of view. Her good fortune was hailing from Liverpool at the time of its increasing popularity and not at all due to her vocal 'talent'.
Now, can we get back to the thread's real theme and not post silly pop songs in reply to comments.
I think that consensus of opinion suggests that the idea of 'love at first sight' is pure fantasy.
Next topic, please.
:rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I suspect you've been watching/listening/reading Dawkins :D perhaps a bit too much

Try listening to some soothing music instead :)

Trust You to say Just that.!

Soothing music is okay at times....but often hide's what lies beneath..;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Like Hate , Love is an emotion -

You can hate at first sight so i guess this goes both ways .......

" I hate you x "

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
When you listen to Cilla Black now you realise what a dreadfully raucous and shrill voice she really had.
This song alone demonstrates that. Listen to the original version by Dionne Warwick, or even Dusty Springfield's, and you'll understand why I take this point of view. Her good fortune was hailing from Liverpool at the time of its increasing popularity and not at all due to her vocal 'talent'.
Now, can we get back to the thread's real theme and not post silly pop songs in reply to comments.
I think that consensus of opinion suggests that the idea of 'love at first sight' is pure fantasy.
Next topic, please.
I have to agree with you about Cilla Black. Liverpool, City of Culture. hmmm.

TheThinker

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
In my humble opinion i dont think it is possible to fall in love at first sight:eek: LOVE is not about what you see, its about what you see, feel and experience;) LOVE takes time to grow on you, you need to feel it and experience downsides and overcome them to have true love,,, Just my opinion though:confused: XXX Thinky

JasonM

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

Lust? oh yeah. Infatuation? Absolutely. But love is a deeper emotion that probably requires some sort of interaction, if not percived knowledge, of that person.

CameltoeAndWine

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
In my humble opinion i dont think it is possible to fall in love at first sight:eek: LOVE is not about what you see, its about what you see, feel and experience;) LOVE takes time to grow on you, you need to feel it and experience downsides and overcome them to have true love,,, Just my opinion though:confused: XXX Thinky

Sounds as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

Lust? oh yeah. Infatuation? Absolutely. But love is a deeper emotion that probably requires some sort of interaction, if not percived knowledge, of that person.

Correct. ;)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
in 2017 it was Hull. :D
Nobody had a shrill voice like Cilla Black though ? I agree with Wicked Persition on that the probable reason she made fame :).
I agree with whoever it was who said that possibly the only true "love at 1st sight " is for your children. Even a shriveled up little creature grabs ones Heart immediately it is born.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Next topic, please.

Pure fantasy? I don't think so.
When I was 15 or so I was out shopping with my mother when we passed by a girl out with, I suppose, her mother.
The girl was gorgeous. It was her lips that fascinated me; for whatever reason I have never forgotten her, or those lips...Coral lips. And that was a thousand years ago, or thereabouts.
Was that love at first sight, or pure lust?
We never met, nor did I see her ever again but those lips...I will be under their spell to my dying day.
Course...I was only a Kid!

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Pure fantasy? I don't think so.
When I was 15 or so I was out shopping with my mother when we passed by a girl out with, I suppose, her mother.
The girl was gorgeous. It was her lips that fascinated me; for whatever reason I have never forgotten her, or those lips...Coral lips. And that was a thousand years ago, or thereabouts.
Was that love at first sight, or pure lust?
We never met, nor did I see her ever again but those lips...I will be under their spell to my dying day.
Course...I was only a Kid!

Ahhh I love that!!!!!

B

BigDog84

i think its a case of "when you know, you know"
love can not be quantified by the ammount of time you've known someone, what you do ro don't know about them, etc, etc.

Back