Cvid19 thoughts now

Should the Government carry on with the current policy of Lockdowns or start Herd policy

• carry on as they are

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • change to Herd policy

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
With the latest Covid19 activity looking scary ,with regard to more lockdowns ,can we have a poll to see who agrees with the Governments current policy or who thinks we should follow a Swedish "Herd" policy to cope with Cvid?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The Office of National Statistics has just released data to show that the average age of a person dying from Covid is 82. . . .. . .So everything we've done so far has been mainly to protect the old and the sick, a wonderful and worthy thing to have done, I think you'll all agree. However, can the country sustain this endeavour? Perhaps it's time to shield the old, the sick and let the rest of the country get back to work and live their lives.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The Office of National Statistics has just released data to show that the average age of a person dying from Covid is 82. . . .. . .So everything we've done so far has been mainly to protect the old and the sick, a wonderful and worthy thing to have done, I think you'll all agree. However, can the country sustain this endeavour? Perhaps it's time to shield the old, the sick and let the rest of the country get back to work and live their lives.
There is only one source of income for the nation and that is if we export. Bill Bloggs spending his hard earned money from Tesco on a few pints at the pub down the road increases the National wealth by zit ! Simple economics of a global market.If the Nation imports more than it exports then we run into debt . Again simple economics. Take a holiday abroad and the only country you help economically is the country which you spend your money in !. Most of the immigrant workforce in this country now will spend some money here ,to live .That money isn`t what has been brought into UK though ,it`s existing money where they work. Then ,and i know this for fact ,they send a lot of their earnings home ,to the country which is their Homeland. Who gains economically ? not the UK for sure. Moving on to debt. It took the UK 60 years to pay off the multi billion dollar debt to the US from WW2 I lived in that time and never saw a sign of people struggling for work ,to live or to prosper . If you want to own a house you take out a debt which you pay back over 25 years ?... so what`s wrong with our nation borrowing money now to fight off this deadly Virus even if we do take a few years to repay it ?.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But my point was how long can we sustain these lockdowns, what's the government's long term plan, have they even got one? Sweden has a plan, you may not agree with it but at least they have a plan! I hope we're not just waiting it out till a vaccine is developed. They've been trying to get an AIDS vaccine for 40 years! but it makes me wonder. . . .
There's not that much money for the drug companies in developing 'cures'. they get a one-off payment for the vaccine and it's 'away ya go mate - you're cured'. Now, if they can just treat the symptoms and prolong life with expensive medicines - they get a lifetime of payments. Me? cynical? quite possibly. :rolleyes:

cantona

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
No such thing as herd immunity for covid19 , antibodies for the virus last anything from 6 to 24 months .

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
It does not matter what age or how sick these people were ,

A democratically voted government is not going to sit back and let people die if they believe there is a way out and it isn't "The End"

If the measures do not work we will go into a Lockdown because that did work , regardless of the cost.

This is the reality , we will pay for it anyway.

The world of medicine needs to come up with a cure and this isn't a speedy process.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
No such thing as herd immunity for covid19 , antibodies for the virus last anything from 6 to 24 months .
If that's true, what's the point of a vaccine?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My thoughts on Covid-19..., take no advice from unqualified idiots on the internet.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Professors, Doctors, microbiologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, virologists & other scientists keep saying Covid is dangerous ... but the coronavirus expert chatters using this forum/chatrooms, with very little education, who avoided any/all science classes, tell me it's not dangerous at all.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Professors, Doctors, microbiologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, virologists & other scientists keep saying Covid is dangerous ... but the coronavirus expert chatters using this forum/chatrooms, with very little education, who avoided any/all science classes, tell me it's not dangerous at all.

Don't forget Tracy reporting "live" from Facebook!!!

Back