Yes or No ?

Will only a full lockdown halt the spread ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I really do not give a Monkeys.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"Northern Tribes"?....methinks you should choose your words a tad more carefully hell2bwith76.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Northern Tribes"?....methinks you should choose your words a tad more carefully hell2bwith76.
Me thinks he in the Midland tribe, [ not sure ] if he is that kettle calling pot black.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

Methinks? Love the irony.
Give me more
!
:rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
As a northerner, I'm not very happy with being associated with a tribe! Whilst I wouldn't say it was a hate-crime, it's certainly antagonising!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Can I just point out that AFFECT is both a verb and a noun.
So, to say that something has an affect on something, you are using the noun, not the verb.
The definition of affect as a noun is: a psychological term - emotion or (an emotional) response to an idea or object.
You are misusing the word in your statement.
You can only have 'an EFFECT on people', not an 'AFFECT on people'.
The wearing of facemasks might bring about an affect, but primarily, they do have an effect.
Regardless of its idiosyncrasies, the English language is a superbly versatile language.
:cool:
I have been much affected , Sir, by your reply. The effect has been most beneficial. :cool:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
@hell2bwith76

Fcuk me you know how to bring out the best in people , that is an awful phrase.

And no you are wrong.

The reason there is more cases in the North is simple.

Boris ended the Lockdown from a very London point of view.

The cases in the North had not dropped.

You are a mentalist.

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
@hell2bwith76

Fcuk me you know how to bring out the best in people , that is an awful phrase.

And no you are wrong.

The reason there is more cases in the North is simple.

Boris ended the Lockdown from a very London point of view.

The cases in the North had not dropped.

You are a mentalist.
Read the news in detail and i think you might note that the main areas to have rocketed with the spread of this Virus are all in the North of UK ? .If i`m wrong i`m sure someone will point this out. I understand what you are getting at Poco but if London was getting the Virus under control when the lockdown was eased then it means that the North hadn`t gotten the virus under control ?. More students in the North ? maybe . More heavy drinkers ? possibly. Three basic rules were pushed out from Central Government 1 Wash hands often ; 2. wear a mask and 3 keep some distance between you and the next person. None of these 3 things require wealth ( such as in London) . Basic rules but did the Northerners follow them ?..

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Oh so hes saying its all norths fault get a grip its happening allover you stupid man

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
No.

What i stated was that the government looked at London and the fall in cases before easing Lockdown.

New cases in the North are relatively the same as the South , the other cases were already there,

Some areas North - North west were not ready to be taken from Lockdown.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Read the news in detail and i think you might note that the main areas to have rocketed with the spread of this Virus are all in the North of UK ? .If i`m wrong i`m sure someone will point this out. I understand what you are getting at Poco but if London was getting the Virus under control when the lockdown was eased then it means that the North hadn`t gotten the virus under control ?. More students in the North ? maybe . More heavy drinkers ? possibly. Three basic rules were pushed out from Central Government 1 Wash hands often ; 2. wear a mask and 3 keep some distance between you and the next person. None of these 3 things require wealth ( such as in London) . Basic rules but did the Northerners follow them ?..

You seem to be saying Northerners care less than Southerners ?

I'm not born here but i think you are wrong and i have stayed North and South.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Oh so hes saying its all norths fault get a grip its happening allover you stupid man

Ah! But it is happening much more severely 'ooop North!
Your youth thought they were impervious to Covid. Are they laughing now?

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Ah! But it is happening much more severely 'ooop North!
Your youth thought they were impervious to Covid. Are they laughing now?

Dont find it a laughing matter tbh

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The fact that you haven't even acknowledged saying " Northern Tribes" is a slur to the lovely people who live in the North, kinda says it all

Last edited:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

"Read the news in detail and i think you might note that the main areas to have rocketed with the spread of this Virus are all in the North of UK ?"
Yes, plus a few areas in the Midlands and around London according to ONS stats.
"If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will point this out."
Your not wrong, just selective in your figures.
"I understand what you are getting at Poco but if London was getting the Virus under control when the lockdown was eased then it means that the North hadn`t gotten the virus under control ?"
Not all NHS coverage is equal, that is well known, the further north one gets, the less funding. England is a southern-centric state as the industry migrated globally.
"More students in the North ?"
Have you never heard of the "Golden triangle".. look it up.
"More heavy drinkers ? possibly."
Perhaps, the South is much more well known for their love of drugs, however, actual alcohol consumption is debatable based on stats concerning deaths due to addiction.
"Three basic rules were pushed out from Central Government 1 Wash hands often ; 2. wear a mask and 3 keep some distance between you and the next person. None of these 3 things require wealth ( such as in London) . Basic rules but did the Northerners follow them ?.."
You assume the "Northern Tribes" don't wash their hands?
You assume mask wearing is less important in the North when we have seen plenty of cases in London of protestors not adhering to the "Rules"
You assume social distancing is hard for the "Northern Tribes", even though they are less demographically packed in?

Let me give you a couple of actual facts.
Cases are rocketing up due to testing not hospital admissions.
The largest positive tests come from 10-25 year olds, those who are the least threat from it.
Mostly due to mandatory testing in educational centres.
The test used to determine if someone is positive for CV-19 is the PRC check.
The designer of the PRC check has publicly stated it should not be used as a diagnostic tool.
He also stated that any result over 35 cycles should be discounted as detecting dead cells, This was proved in University studies done a few months ago.
PRC check is run cyclically to see viral load, if you test positive on the first cycle, you have a high viral load, less so on the second, even less on the third, to negligible well before 35 cycles.
Standard NHS PRC test is 40-45 cycles.

Hope that allays your thoughts on the Northern Tribes and their ignorance :)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Outside Parliament today Police protestors take a stand against the Tory government Covid response

police protesters at Parliment today..jpeg

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The number of people in hospitals with covid is higher than it was when we went into lockdown in March.

The mistake was made to bring the whole country out of lockdown together then quickly open up everything, the North was not ready for this with a higher number of cases than other areas. This now shows with the number of cases. The majority of us use hands face space but there are a lot of other factors to take into account like everywhere people have become complacent etnic groups, deprivation and so on.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'police protesters'

saying no more.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Another bunch of uni kids (Supported by Momentum no doubt) who think their opinion is all that matters. They forget that we recently had an election which the Tories won by a landslide.

The day after that landslide victory for the Tories, the very next day! they were out in central London protesting with their banners and slogans. One banner read 'Get the Tories out' I just thought wtf? we've just had a general election! What are these people on?! :rolleyes:

Back