Yes or No ?

Will only a full lockdown halt the spread ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I really do not give a Monkeys.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You only read what you type ,

I clearly stated that i'm unsure if masks are affective and if this is how the virus spreads,

I don't want a debate with you , you are known for inept social responses and impossible silliness.

I love you though.

ermm Love you never tell the rest of us that .
see i walking away now in a huff.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I clearly stated that i'm unsure if masks are affective and if this is how the virus spreads,

I don't want a debate with you , you are known for inept social responses and impossible silliness.

I love you though.
You clearly stated that you "know for sure" that masks do not protect . Look back on this thread and you may find that somewhere .My "inept" querie was how do you know for sure ? Simple question gets me a complex and needless response,as happens with many of my basic words on the threads and in chatrooms :).

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
You clearly stated that you "know for sure" that masks do not protect . Look back on this thread and you may find that somewhere .My "inept" querie was how do you know for sure ? Simple question gets me a complex and needless response,as happens with many of my basic words on the threads and in chatrooms :).

Obviously i don't want to say maybe ?

Just a thought ....

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Obviously i don't want to say maybe ?

Just a thought ....
I could love you too but you are too pally with the Clowns who appear to control the Forums & the chatrooms on the site ;)

Just saying .

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I could love you too but you are too pally with the Clowns who appear to control the Forums & the chatrooms on the site ;)

Just saying .

Ok that is childish mate ,

I'm nice to everyone and remain impartial so i will reject that comment whole heartedly x

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

I love you though.

""I clearly stated that i'm unsure if masks are affective ?""

Affective...have an emotion
Effective.. Produce a result?

Just asking! :confused:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
""I clearly stated that i'm unsure if masks are affective ?""

Affective...have an emotion
Effective.. Produce a result?

Just asking! :confused:

Fcuk knows mate it's your language not mine , you tell me ? ;)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Fcuk knows mate it's your language not mine , you tell me ? ;)

Well, on reflection, it seems to me that, re facemasks, both words work.
They certainly have an affect on people and, according to some, that are effective in that they are protective.
Our language is sometimes elusive. ;)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Just saying .

gee here he goes again .
Poco loco is what i say a sit on fence man he has to be to do the mod job

stick to the theme pf the thread .

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
They certainly have an affect on people and, according to some, that are effective in that they are protective.

Like i said imo they do nothing

I'm still wearing one

<---- Obviously x

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

Statistics just out suggest the from Jan to August this year loads more people have died of Coronavirus than of both flu and Pneumonia combined.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
gee here he goes again .
Poco loco is what i say a sit on fence man he has to be to do the mod job

stick to the theme pf the thread .
I could say the same to you ,stick to the theme.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Statistics just out suggest the from Jan to August this year loads more people have died of Coronavirus than of both flu and Pneumonia combined.
Tell that to "Lifegoeson" .He was adamant that it was the opposite ! in chat earlier today.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ok that is childish mate ,

I'm nice to everyone and remain impartial so i will reject that comment whole heartedly x
I don`t have to be nice to everyone and definitely not to anyone who isn`t nice to me .

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I don`t have to be nice to everyone and definitely not to anyone who isn`t nice to me .

I do not have to be , i choose to be ,

Life is hard enough man this is a fun getaway.......

You get that right ?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

Can I just point out that AFFECT is both a verb and a noun.
So, to say that something has an affect on something, you are using the noun, not the verb.
The definition of affect as a noun is: a psychological term - emotion or (an emotional) response to an idea or object.
You are misusing the word in your statement.
You can only have 'an EFFECT on people', not an 'AFFECT on people'.
The wearing of facemasks might bring about an affect, but primarily, they do have an effect.
Regardless of its idiosyncrasies, the English language is a superbly versatile language.
:cool:

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
l wear one all the time and l got the virus.. So guessing masks r a waste
When will you people learn ? The mask is for the protection of "others" not you ! ffs! Only the special masks used by Frontline Covid nurses etc are made to filter germs both ways . Even then there are limits especially if you are in contact with Covid patients all day. If we can get this message across to the Northern tribes maybe we can slow this Deadly Virus down ?.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
When will you people learn ? The mask is for the protection of "others" not you ! ffs! Only the special masks used by Frontline Covid nurses etc are made to filter germs both ways . Even then there are limits especially if you are in contact with Covid patients all day. If we can get this message across to the Northern tribes maybe we can slow this Deadly Virus down ?.

Northern Tribes..?
Efficacy of all masks is debatable.
It depends on viral size, viral load and mesh size/layers.
Understand the subject before one preaches, especially when trying to deride one part of the population over another.
The reason there are more cases in the North are many fold, less NHS funding, lower staffing levels and higher poverty rate.
There is a lot more than simple "Northern Tribes" to explain the disparity.

Back