Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Absoloutely nothing! I'm not sure what they are for. I think some use them to measure popularity

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
In this case, points don't make prizes! :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Do they make you more friends?

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
actually was wondering if i could trade mine in for a terrys chocolate orange?

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
Maybe we can get toilet paper for them.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The points have to be earned, they represent your status on this site. 'likes' on the other hand are given out willy-nilly, and therefore valueless.

Velvet_

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Aint got a clue but have a good day lol

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
The points have to be earned, they represent your status on this site. 'likes' on the other hand are given out willy-nilly, and therefore valueless.

I'd dispute that points are actually earned.
As far as I am aware, there are two factors that gauge how points are allocated in Forums.
One is the quantity of your postings and the other is the quantity of your posts being 'liked'.
I think the points are allocated as a ratio of these two factors.

Unfortunately, points are not earned by the quality of one's postings. If that was the case, some would be on a minus count.
Summarily, even if your comment is exceptionally erudite, it will not guarantee your ascent to the upper echelons of the Forum hierarchy.
I am sure that some people thrive on being approved of by their peers but the more serious contributor is very unlikely to give a damn, whatsoever.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
points are not earned by the quality of one's postings. If that was the case, some would be on a minus count.
Minus count lol you crack me up! but who's to say if a post is 'quality'? things like that are subjective and open to interpretation, whereas the points allocation system is written in stone. Yes, you get points for the number of postings and the number of likes, but also for how long you've been a member of the site.

B

Bad_Influence

Minus count lol you crack me up! but who's to say if a post is 'quality'? things like that are subjective and open to interpretation, whereas the points allocation system is written in stone. Yes, you get points for the number of postings and the number of likes, but also for how long you've been a member of the site.

Please don't confuse him by using facts. :D

WickedPerdition

Reaction score

I don't think what we've been witnessing here in recent times would be indicative of quality. I am beginning to think that people believe that quantity is more important than quality, which, alas, is 'pandemic' in the entire world these days and not just UK Chat Forums.
I have not had an increase in my points score for about 3 months now. What Administration has to gain by doing that beats me.
Perhaps I am not making enough stupid, irrelevant comments.
:rolleyes:

bhgxusa0123

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think what we've been witnessing here in recent times would be indicative of quality. I am beginning to think that people believe that quantity is more important than quality, which, alas, is 'pandemic' in the entire world these days and not just UK Chat Forums.
I have not had an increase in my points score for about 3 months now. What Administration has to gain by doing that beats me.
Perhaps I am not making enough stupid, irrelevant comments.
You?? type irrelevant comments?? :p Not commenting :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

You'll get points when you've earned them! Stop taking things personally. :)
Click on your own profile, below the avatar is your points total in blue, click on this number. That will bring a page up showing how you earned your points. At the bottom of the page click on 'view all available points', there you will see when you're next due the precious points you crave. They have to be earned! e.g when you've been a member for 3 years you'll receive a further 9 points, wowee! :rolleyes:
As to Lex's opening post questioning what you actually do with the points - I haven't the foggiest.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
You'll get points when you've earned them! Stop taking things personally. :)
Click on your own profile, below the avatar is your points total in blue, click on this number. That will bring a page up showing how you earned your points. At the bottom of the page click on 'view all available points', there you will see when you're next due the precious points you crave. They have to be earned! e.g when you've been a member for 3 years you'll receive a further 9 points, wowee! :rolleyes:
As to Lex's opening post questioning what you actually do with the points - I haven't the foggiest.

I will remain polite in spite of your indiscreet comments.
The saying, "don't teach your grandmother how to suck eggs", aptly comes to mind here.
I stated a fact. I don't need your analysis to settle the matter.
Advise those who might actually appreciate your input.

Lex51 was blatantly being humorous in his inquiry. He was probably inspired by his American roots or by watching UK game shows presented by Bruce Forsyth.
Don't expect anything that you can put in your trophy cabinet just yet, Lex51. ;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

I don't think that's strictly true ,

All Media sites use a "Like" system , it's nice to feel your efforts are appreciated sometimes or that they understood the message you are trying to portray ,

Points are awarded as you earn trophies etc , affects your status.

Back