Talking Turkey!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
It is being said that Farmers are, this year, to produce smaller Turkeys because, due to Coronavirus, Christmas gatherings will be limited, by law, in numbers.
However, Boris is hinting that he may cancel the rules for the Christmas season, and allow people to invite as many as they wish to the Xmas table.
I am confused.

Big or small?
I don't care
For I have got
My Christmas fare.
Now don't let this story run loose:
For we have got a Christmas goose. :D

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oh get a big turkey no matter what never goes to waste, turkey butties turkey stew turkey curry and it goes on

Q

quietfem

poor turkeys as for xmas its humbug, but rules for them and rules for us,just try and enjoy living.

Resolute

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Do you mean the history, the Ottoman period? The Fall of Constantinople?
The climate? Well, that varies from region to region.
The food? They eat.
Anyway, what's it got to do with Boris?

Last edited:

BougieKnights

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Turkey big or small is fine just as fine as this lade
185_1000.jpg

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
I deep fried a turkey one year and it was crazy good. Although I almost killed myself doing it. It was a rainy day that Thanksgiving so I decided to fry it in my garage. With both doors closed I was sitting there watching the turkey fry and started to get a little light headed. I didn't think anything about it as I was on my second or third beer. Well as my head started to buzz and my vision started to go, my shortness of breath got worse and it dawned on me that I was being slowly asphyxiated, I stepped inside and my wife said,, "you look white" I said I know and so that was the last time I fooled around with frying a turkey.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I deep fried a turkey one year and it was crazy good. Although I almost killed myself doing it. It was a rainy day that Thanksgiving so I decided to fry it in my garage. With both doors closed I was sitting there watching the turkey fry and started to get a little light headed. I didn't think anything about it as I was on my second or third beer. Well as my head started to buzz and my vision started to go, my shortness of breath got worse and it dawned on me that I was being slowly asphyxiated, I stepped inside and my wife said,, "you look white" I said I know and so that was the last time I fooled around with frying a turkey.

Ha ha sorry thats amusing! be a lesson to us all don't fry a turkey

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We will probably have beef, then use left overs for beef rissoles, sandwiches and possibly a casserole, well if there are any left overs after the fridge raider, keeps nicking bits :D

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We will probably have beef, then use left overs for beef rissoles, sandwiches and possibly a casserole, well if there are any left overs after the fridge raider, keeps nicking bits :D

That's what I like about beef. You pay £20 or more for a lump and get three days meals out of it.
1. Roast
2. Maybe cold...or curried.
3. Stew.
Bargain!

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I like a good joint of beef but for me theres a time and a place, christmas is all about the mahooosive turkey please note
1.ROast
2. Cold
3. Curried
4. Stew
5. Casserole
6. Pie
7. Pasta
8. Rice
9. Soup

and many more

oh and you can boil the carcass up for stock you cannot do that with beef!! i am a big turkey fan but they are ugly creatures

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I like a good joint of beef but for me theres a time and a place, christmas is all about the mahooosive turkey please note
1.ROast
2. Cold
3. Curried
4. Stew
5. Casserole
6. Pie
7. Pasta
8. Rice
9. Soup

and many more

oh and you can boil the carcass up for stock you cannot do that with beef!! i am a big turkey fan but they are ugly creatures

Our local Asda offers, sometimes, Turkey legs that are as big, nearly as a bullock.
As guests may be thin on the ground I can see us getting one for the day.
No way would we want to munch our way through January with Turkey leftovers.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Our local Asda offers, sometimes, Turkey legs that are as big, nearly as a bullock.
As guests may be thin on the ground I can see us getting one for the day.
No way would we want to munch our way through January with Turkey leftovers.
oh yeah ive had one of those can munch on that for yonks

Back