Any thoughts on limitations?

Should Chat rooms be limited in numbers of chatters.

• yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I wonder if it might be a good idea to limit the number of persons in any chatroom ,.so it doesn`t get flooded or tied up with just a small group chatting at any one time ?. On previous chat sites which i used the number of chatters would be limited to around 40 ,which would allow for some guests too. At this time the rooms get so crowdd with chat it`s sometimes difficult to see who`s talking to who and it`s easy to mistake a comment which may be in response to someone else and not even meant for you .
Responses please ?.

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
I wonder if it might be a good idea to limit the number of persons in any chatroom ,.so it doesn`t get flooded or tied up with just a small group chatting at any one time ?. On previous chat sites which i used the number of chatters would be limited to around 40 ,which would allow for some guests too. At this time the rooms get so crowdd with chat it`s sometimes difficult to see who`s talking to who and it`s easy to mistake a comment which may be in response to someone else and not even meant for you .
Responses please ?.

That happens to me regardless with my ever growing block list! ;)
I tend to focus on the people who interest me and don't usually notice the others. It can get confusing, true. People should address people which would make following chat much easier. As long as your responses are polite it's not the end of the world if you get it wrong.

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score
They had room limits on AOL n all that happened was the popular room was never empty cos no one took their name out so no new people could enter, so its a stupid idea

C

Common-Carnage

Perhaps you need to find a chat room with those limitations then, if you're not happy not being the centre of attention here, maybe find somewhere where you are, you can quit crying about the fact that not everybody loves you then, too. Win win.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
They had room limits on AOL n all that happened was the popular room was never empty cos no one took their name out so no new people could enter, so its a stupid idea
That`s a stupid thing to say .When i was on aol they had limits on chatters per room and all that happened was that sometimes it was necessary to wait a while to get into the room which one preferred . As soon as one room filled to capacity they opened another same named room and called it *** 2 or 3 etc. Nobody was ever shut out of the site .Why would anyone want new people to come into a room anyway ? the regs can fill any of the rooms with chat to overflow !:).

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the new chatters have any issue with how many are in a room more the merrier, I think it's you with the issue

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Perhaps you need to find a chat room with those limitations then, if you're not happy not being the centre of attention here, maybe find somewhere where you are, you can quit crying about the fact that not everybody loves you then, too. Win win.
Making false accusations against myself isn`t really a way for an adult(?) to disagree with someone elses opinion is it ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't think the new chatters have any issue with how many are in a room more the merrier, I think it's you with the issue
which "new" chatters ? Do any new chatters get chance to mingle with 180 roomies all trying to chat at once ? The "new" chatters are just the Gusts who never join in anyway ! Maybe they can`t ?.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Responses please ?.

Before you decide to enter any chat room you see the number of chatters in each room which is quite often a deciding factor for a lot of people.
Some chatters frequent only one chat room on a regular basis and rarely ever stray from that room. You get to know who you expect to find in certain rooms, which can be useful if you prefer a certain level/type of chat.
I'd say that on average only about 50% of the room list participates in the actual chat in most rooms, so in a way, they aren't adding to any confusion with the general chat.

Where I do agree with you is when there are a lot of people cross-talking, that if your name isn't 'tabbed', you can easily miss any comments/replies directed to you, which obviously can be quite frustrating. However, that's often due to laziness on the part of many chatters.
In summary, I don't think limiting the number permitted in a chat room is really necessary because it doesn't affect most chatter's focus on who they are chatting to.
I have been denied the capacity to vote because my opinion, apparently, 'does not matter' <lol>, however in this instance, I would vote NO. ;)

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
When I first started chatting back in the stone age it was on Friendsreunitedconnections, they had a limit on all rooms, 20 per room, most rooms never got to the limit but the popular ones were always full. You had to wait till someone dropped out and most of the time you would be waiting all day to get in cos people would leave their name there and "wander off site". I don't think making rooms have a limit would benefit anyone, you wouldn't get many new charters trying the site, if people are not happy with how things are maybe they should look elsewhere.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Can you imagine having a room limit? Some people go into a frenzy and melt down if they get banned or for some reason cannot get in for the fear of missing out on something!! You would get more people constantly staying logged in (I don't get why people do that anyway) even if there at Asda just to ensure they have a place in the room. Plus we need new chatters like it ir not and you would probably find if they couldn't get in the rooms they will go elsewhere.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There just few of the answer your going to get and it a big fat NO .

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
As friendly as ever on these threads. o_O
Can you imagine having a room limit? Some people go into a frenzy and melt down if they get banned or for some reason cannot get in for the fear of missing out on something!! You would get more people constantly staying logged in (I don't get why people do that anyway) even if there at Asda just to ensure they have a place in the room. Plus we need new chatters like it ir not and you would probably find if they couldn't get in the rooms they will go elsewhere.

I've seen it happen before... I think it makes sites look more popular than they are.
Maybe it makes people want it more because they have to work for it and keep that slot they worked for lol

Lau40

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Before you decide to enter any chat room you see the number of chatters in each room which is quite often a deciding factor for a lot of people.
Some chatters frequent only one chat room on a regular basis and rarely ever stray from that room. You get to know who you expect to find in certain rooms, which can be useful if you prefer a certain level/type of chat.
I'd say that on average only about 50% of the room list participates in the actual chat in most rooms, so in a way, they aren't adding to any confusion with the general chat.

Where I do agree with you is when there are a lot of people cross-talking, that if your name isn't 'tabbed', you can easily miss any comments/replies directed to you, which obviously can be quite frustrating. However, that's often due to laziness on the part of many chatters.
In summary, I don't think limiting the number permitted in a chat room is really necessary because it doesn't affect most chatter's focus on who they are chatting to.
I have been denied the capacity to vote because my opinion, apparently, 'does not matter' <lol>, however in this instance, I would vote NO. ;)
I'd be devastated if i couldnt get in the same room as you wicked.. Who else would compliment me in such a lovely manner?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I`ll shove a "no" vote in for you as you seem to be a target for admin who hate anyone who is intellectual and literate :) Take care .

bhgxusa0123

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see this can be #3 complaint about the site you always frequent, where is the compliment about the site??

Back