Track and trace

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
Did I miss something here, like to make track and trace work properly, everytime we enter a business, we were asked to check in, or in other words, scan the QR code for t&t at the entrance and then shop as usual. Went to B&Q and Tesco in Caerphilly and neither place had the Q code.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
From what I read its only compulsory for the hospitality industry to have the code, but I do agree that business etc should also have codes otherwise how is it fully effective?

Flower58

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I thought this too. I went to 6 places but only 2 where you could scan the code, both cafes. However, I have now been advised, (whether right or wrong, i dont know, I am no expert!) that the scanner on your phone 'bounces' against other people who have the app up and running. If these people report a positive test, and you have possibly been in contact, you are notified. No need to shoot me down in flames if Im wrong, I frequently am!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I thought this too. I went to 6 places but only 2 where you could scan the code, both cafes. However, I have now been advised, (whether right or wrong, i dont know, I am no expert!) that the scanner on your phone 'bounces' against other people who have the app up and running. If these people report a positive test, and you have possibly been in contact, you are notified. No need to shoot me down in flames if Im wrong, I frequently am!

yes flowers what i was told too it reads other phones

Last edited:

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Am a bit of a thicko when it comes to technology like this, but how do i scan a QR code?

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The cafes should both have the codes the face closing down in not. Yes your right if scanned in at a place and joe bloggs did too and test positive for Covid the NHS covid app will tell you where but not who, as i understand it so you can isolate

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Am a bit of a thicko when it comes to technology like this, but how do i scan a QR code?

You can only do it you have a smart phone, you can scan via the NHS covid app

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My phone, a Windows Lumia 630, is classed as a 'smart phone' but it doesn't support the track and trace app or scan QR codes. If it became compulsory to use this technology in shops and businesses, I, and many others, would really be up sh** creek without a paddle. :eek: It's hard to follow these ever changing Covid restrictions. Depending on your point of view, the government are either making it up as they go along or reacting to the changing situation. I'm wondering if we're going about this all wrong. Is this a fight we can't win, Is the cure worse than the disease? e.g
almost one million women in the UK have missed vital breast screening due to corona virus. Given that most people who contract the virus will have little or no symptoms at all. Perhaps a change of direction is needed, maybe go the Sweden route - Shield the vulnerable and let everyone else go about their lives.

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
The scanner is actually contained within the app itself. I believe it says check in and that is where you use the scanner.

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
My phone, a Windows Lumia 630, is classed as a 'smart phone' but it doesn't support the track and trace app or scan QR codes. If it became compulsory to use this technology in shops and businesses, I, and many others, would really be up sh** creek without a paddle. :eek: It's hard to follow these ever changing Covid restrictions. Depending on your point of view, the government are either making it up as they go along or reacting to the changing situation. I'm wondering if we're going about this all wrong. Is this a fight we can't win, Is the cure worse than the disease? e.g
almost one million women in the UK have missed vital breast screening due to corona virus. Given that most people who contract the virus will have little or no symptoms at all. Perhaps a change of direction is needed, maybe go the Sweden route - Shield the vulnerable and let everyone else go about their lives.
The track and trace app was pioneered by Google and Apple and the finished collaboration that we now have will support the android and ios platforms only. The Windows OS mobile platform although brillant is nearly obsolete now along with Blackberry which has stopped supporting it's BB10 OS phones as well

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

Its compulsory for the hospitality industry to do track and trace but this can also be recorded manually pen and paper taking your name and contact details

Back