Yes or No ?

Will only a full lockdown halt the spread ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I really do not give a Monkeys.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
I have to agree with you there. This is no "ordinary" Virus .It has intentions and capability to virtually wipe out the human race !.Once it`s eaten all of the vulnerable people will it just die out? It seems to me the only way to reduce it`s spread is to cut out it`s method of spreading .At the moment all i can see is that something like a full lockdown plus seems to work .The proof is there for anyone to see . Pubs having to close at 10pm ? Disastrous ! They closed at 10pm when i used to use them and we never had riots then. We may have to re-learn how to live together without all the luxuries of modern society;24/7 shopping is yet another case for review Greedy bosses want more .People can surely get their shopping done in a normal day/week ,we used to ! many people have learned how to walk around with a mask on all the time . That`s totally inhuman imo. Get this Virus under control by whatever means we can ,Universally, and then back to a much better "normality" with clean air ,less cars ,less travelling many miles to work ( we worked where we lived when i started work !).. Await the nasty responses now :).
Well said Sir, I could not agree more. Look at the situation in the United States. People complaining about their rights being violated by having to wear a mask or having to isolate and the infection rate is estimated at two million, with two hundred thousand deaths and still climbing. When do we divorce this "ME, ME, ME, mentality and take a look at the BIGGER picture and that is this virus is indiscriminate, extremely infectious, and non typical. The steps that the UK government are taking right now are a minimization effort mainly, I would think, to keep the medical facilities from being overwhelmed and overrun. When it comes down to it there is no standard operating procedure for Covid 19, so I will listen to all the governments recommendations for now until someone markets a virus vaccine. Then I suppose we will all argue who is going to take said vaccine.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I forgot what the thread was about lol :D

I hope my Ferret doesn't get Covid , i'll buy him a mask !

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
7p166cak72j51.png

Q

quietfem

just think as today was the tomorrow one worried about yesterday, what is ment for one it wont pass by one, so enjoy what we can.no use worrying

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I have to agree with you there. This is no "ordinary" Virus .It has intentions and capability to virtually wipe out the human race !.Once it`s eaten all of the vulnerable people will it just die out? It seems to me the only way to reduce it`s spread is to cut out it`s method of spreading .At the moment all i can see is that something like a full lockdown plus seems to work .The proof is there for anyone to see . Pubs having to close at 10pm ? Disastrous ! They closed at 10pm when i used to use them and we never had riots then. We may have to re-learn how to live together without all the luxuries of modern society;24/7 shopping is yet another case for review Greedy bosses want more .People can surely get their shopping done in a normal day/week ,we used to ! many people have learned how to walk around with a mask on all the time . That`s totally inhuman imo. Get this Virus under control by whatever means we can ,Universally, and then back to a much better "normality" with clean air ,less cars ,less travelling many miles to work ( we worked where we lived when i started work !).. Await the nasty responses now :).
Yes, you are quite right. People need to stop moaning and get on with wearing masks and accept the current situation; Life is constantly changing anyway and we have adapted, so why is it so hard now! I also strongly agree that employers should only look at employing people within the locality that they are based, this in turn would reduce the chances of catching the virus. I mean, if one person works in the town that they live in and they work with another who commutes for about an hour or more to get the place of work, the likelihood of coming into contact with a person with the virus is surely higher than if you worked with someone from your own town?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, you are quite right. People need to stop moaning and get on with wearing masks and accept the current situation; Life is constantly changing anyway and we have adapted, so why is it so hard now! I also strongly agree that employers should only look at employing people within the locality that they are based, this in turn would reduce the chances of catching the virus. I mean, if one person works in the town that they live in and they work with another who commutes for about an hour or more to get the place of work, the likelihood of coming into contact with a person with the virus is surely higher than if you worked with someone from your own town?

Masks do not work they do not stop the spread and I know this for sure.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
Cause i'm a smart ass ?

I have other facts if you are interested mate ......
You are correct, the mask does little in the area of prevention unless you are using the mask with an extremely high particle rejection ratio and those masks are reserved for medical personnel. However where it comes into being a life saver is keeping you from touching your face while in a contaminated environment like the grocery store or some other venue. I'm not a big fan of wearing masks as they impede my breathing somewhat, but to ride the bus in Wales one has to wear one so, uncomfortable or not it will be planted on my mug.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Masks do not work they do not stop the spread and I know this for sure.
I know that masks are not a cure but they are more of a prevention measure. For example, when some body stands closer to you, say in a shop and starts talking to you, water droplets are expelled from the mouth even when speaking, these droplets can land on your face, I believe that the mask will stop that contact with your skin. But, I always wash my face and hands after visiting the supermarket, again a preventative measure. So I do agree with you that they will not stop the spread of covid but to me it is another barrier to help stop the spread. :)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I know that masks are not a cure but they are more of a prevention measure. For example, when some body stands closer to you, say in a shop and starts talking to you, water droplets are expelled from the mouth even when speaking, these droplets can land on your face, I believe that the mask will stop that contact with your skin. But, I always wash my face and hands after visiting the supermarket, again a preventative measure. So I do agree with you that they will not stop the spread of covid but to me it is another barrier to help stop the spread. :)

I am not disagreeing with you as a whole but for me the mask did nothing and did not work.
People who are following the rules and masking up are catching Covid.

I am not even convinced they are sure how this virus spreads.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am not totally convinced either but if there is even a slight chance it can help stop the spread of the virus then i think we should wear the masks, but even better only go to places when it is necessary not toddle around Primark for an hour touching all the goods (this is just an example i am sure you get my jist)

Wear a mask, keep your distance, wash your hands if possible only do things that are necessary (going to the pub is not necessary in my eyes)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am not disagreeing with you as a whole but for me the mask did nothing and did not work.
People who are following the rules and masking up are catching Covid.

I am not even convinced they are sure how this virus spreads.
Maybe i`m mistaken but i think the idea of wearing a basic mask in public places is not to prevent you catching the Virus but to prevent you from giving the Virus to others ?. The basic mask ,for ordinary members of the public ( not medical staff ,etc.) is a one way filter .It prevents bacteria from being expelled from your mouth to the outside world but doesn`t prevent bacteria from coming in . Forgive me if i`m wrong ?.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe i`m mistaken but i think the idea of wearing a basic mask in public places is not to prevent you catching the Virus but to prevent you from giving the Virus to others ?. The basic mask ,for ordinary members of the public ( not medical staff ,etc.) is a one way filter .It prevents bacteria from being expelled from your mouth to the outside world but doesn`t prevent bacteria from coming in . Forgive me if i`m wrong ?.

If it is spread in that way yeah i guess,

If you wish to soak everything up without the facts then go ahead,

My end i feel masks are not doing a lot.

I still wear one tho just incase.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If it is spread in that way yeah i guess,

If you wish to soak everything up without the facts then go ahead,

My end i feel masks are not doing a lot.

I still wear one tho just incase.
I think i read enough to know that a 3 layer mask( the typical joe public one for 50p) won`t prevent the tiny bacteria from getting to your Nose or Mouth but should prevent you from spitting it out to other members of the public. Of course you need to wear it properly and throw it away after use. Maybe it`s you should check the facts ?:)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I think i read enough to know that a 3 layer mask( the typical joe public one for 50p) won`t prevent the tiny bacteria from getting to your Nose or Mouth but should prevent you from spitting it out to other members of the public. Of course you need to wear it properly and throw it away after use. Maybe it`s you should check the facts ?:)

Wear the fekin mask, you Coronaidjits.
Just look North!!!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

You only read what you type ,

I clearly stated that i'm unsure if masks are affective and if this is how the virus spreads,

I don't want a debate with you , you are known for inept social responses and impossible silliness.

I love you though.

bhgxusa0123

Staff member
Reaction score
You only read what you type ,

I clearly stated that i'm unsure if masks are affective and if this is how the virus spreads,

I don't want a debate with you , you are known for inept social responses and impossible silliness.

I love you though.
Love?? you going waaaaay too far with that :p

Back